New Sinai Map

CobraKhan

2 hours ago, CobraKhan said:

Does anyone know if the footprint for the new Sinai map by third party developer OnReTech?  Will the north edge of the new map match up with the existing Syria map? Could a mission fly across these map's match lines?

My guess is no, and I wager that nobody knows, as we all just read about it.

Cheers!

EDIT: Text got lost again. What I meant to say is that I guess no one really knows more than what's in the newsletter at this time.

Edited by MAXsenna

DCS has a load mission trigger, which I believe should let you swap maps. You would need two complete mission files of course, and you wouldn't be able to send data between missions, but it's possible to fudge such a thing to approximate having a massive single map.

• Like 2

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Based on the description I was able to draw this up. Check my work but it seems that the two maps will overlap. Maybe I am too far north? There was no mention of Jerusalem being included, however that could be in a low detail area or just not modeled like so many other maps, Bahrain in the Persian Gulf map for example.

The image with Kola shows whats planned. Was there supposed to be an Iraq map? I know Afghanistan is supposed to come out but I don't know the boundary. Iraq would possibly intersect 2 maps.  I wonder if there will ever be a way to seamlessly load one map to another in one game.Sanai.JPG

DCS Maps.JPG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Woa! When have they added the west side of Blacksea???

• Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

8 minutes ago, Devrim said:

Woa! When have they added the west side of Blacksea???

That is only the editor map limits, no the detailed zone (none detail on Krimea, South Ukrania, Romania, Bulgary, and all Turkey coast). Has de same situation with the persian gulf map, big zones of iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudy Arabia, has none detail.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi everybody,

does anybody have a clue about when this map (and Kola as well) will be released?

If someone can read the stars movement or see through his crystal ball would be appreciated 🙂

• Like 1

"If you low&slow you're BBQing, if you hot&fast you're grilling, if you low&fast you're flying an Apache"

14 minutes ago, simo-dj said:

Hi everybody,

does anybody have a clue about when this map (and Kola as well) will be released?

If someone can read the stars movement or see through his crystal ball would be appreciated 🙂

ED and 3rd parties has none put a release date. Sinai map will coming on 2023, others has unkonow.

• Like 1

4 ore fa, Silver_Dragon ha scritto:

ED and 3rd parties has none put a release date. Sinai map will coming on 2023, others has unkonow.

thanks @Silver_Dragon

I knew, but i hoped that someone would be more informed than me.

"If you low&slow you're BBQing, if you hot&fast you're grilling, if you low&fast you're flying an Apache"