Ka-50 with night time capability

d0ppler

I've read that some versions of the Ka-50 has a shkval supplemented with a thermal imaging system, being able to spot things during night, and some versions where the whole shkval has been replaced with a bit more hi tech sensors.

Is it likely to hope for a patch where we can choose a Ka-50N (Nochnoy/Night)? Will this demand a lot of resources in terms of programming?

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

yes there are they are not in full production but they do have versions with FLIR. the version we have is due to classified info and other restrictions but im happy . I wouldn't mind FLIR but ill take what i can get for now.:thumbup:

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is not likely to get an aircraft version that

a) Is not in service

b) There is not documentation for it as far as ED is concerned

Almost any version of the Ka-50 other than the one in BS fits at least one if not both of the above.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

its all good im happy with what is available.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

its fun to just cruise around at night though. Is there a way to make an aircraft illuminate a specific area at specific time or triggered. I know the one mission does it but can you make it do that in the editor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes there is a way to design missions with illum. Im not much of a mission maker yet though, but there is a way.

The Ka-50 has limited night capability. Turn down the brightness and adjust the contrast of the shkval while looking at it with NVG's. The system will not lock onto a target, it must be held on the target manually, but you can hit targets with ATGM's. Unguided munitions work just as well.

-What I would like to see implemented in the game is loadable illumination flares and white phosphurous rockets (to mark targets). In multiplayer you can have one bird illuminate and mark targets, and his wingmates knock them off.

Edited by Spartan1-1
QA

SPARTAN1-1 Спартанец1-1

Dell XPS 630i / Windows 7 / Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00 GHZ / 4 GB Corsair Dominator 1066/ NVIDIA 8800GT X 2 / Track IR 4Pro / X52 + Pedals

Dell Studio XPS 1647 / Windows 7 / Intel i7 620 @ 2.67 GHZ / 4 GB RAM / ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670