Can't lock

dresoccer4

When I flip up the radar lock switch my radar goes from this:

image.png

to this:

image.png

And nothing happens...anyone know whats up? I'm following the grim reaper guide

UPDATE: looks like I got a lock but the radar still looks weird and there's no symbology around the plane. what the heck??

nullimage.png

null

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• dresoccer4 changed the title to Can't lock
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 5:54 AM, dresoccer4 said:

And nothing happens...anyone know whats up? I'm following the grim reaper guide

...I'm going to go out on a limb and say we've probably isolated the problem already.

You've achieved a lock in the third image, but you've also switched your radar scope into low altitude mode, which turns off the search antenna and leaves only the tracking antenna active. It also means you won't see the tracking symbology on the AR-18 sight glass (I don't remember if you should or not in low alt mode - either way, ingame, you don't).

image.png

Leave this switch alone unless you're at low altitude (~4km, clutter beginning to fill search radar scope). Note that the switch positions are currently the opposite of what the manual (and, presumably, the GR guide you followed) states - it's a known issue and will hopefully be sorted soon.

Edited by rossmum
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rossmum said:

...I'm going to go out on a limb and say we've probably isolated the problem already.

You've achieved a lock in the third image, but you've also switched your radar scope into low altitude mode, which turns off the search antenna and leaves only the tracking antenna active. It also means you won't see the tracking symbology on the AR-18 sight glass (I don't remember if you should or not in low alt mode - either way, ingame, you don't).

image.png

Leave this switch alone unless you're at low altitude (~4km, clutter beginning to fill search radar scope). Note that the switch positions are currently the opposite of what the manual (and, presumably, the GR guide you followed) states - it's a known issue and will hopefully be sorted soon.

so up is low altitude and down is high altitude?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

It should be the other way around, AFAIK "2" is for two antennas, "1" is for one.

not sure if this is a bug or not really