Drag Chute not disconnecting (and yes the button cover is open) [SOLVED]

atsmith6

Hi

Just started flying the Mig-21 again.  I'm using Open Beta version 2.7.16.28157 and flying a custom single player mission with a jet set to runway hot.  On my first flight I noticed that the drag chute does not disconnect.  I have opened the cover.  I have also tried pressing the button with my mouse and using the hot-key.  Even tried re-assigning the hot-key to another button, holding the button down for a few seconds and so on.  As it stands the only way I can disconnect the drag chute is to light up the afterburner.

Anyone else having this issue?  Any help would be appreciated.

Have a great day!

Edited by atsmith6

Post the mission here I guess, so that we can try it out. 

No issue dropping the chute here in Caucasus and Nevada instant takeoff missions, although I only flip the cover and press the button using a mouse (don't remember what the default key command is).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi Art-J and MAXsenna.  Thanks for the prompt replies.

Art-J, here's a link to the mission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fgd7dbk91lv3z9/Mig-21Bis Practice Syria.miz?dl=0

Simply start the mission and choose the "Mig-21bis Runway Hot" spot.  After reading your post I also tried it on the Caucasus map.  It also doesn't work there.

Here's a video showing the issue: 

Maybe I am doing something wrong?  If so I'm happy to be corrected.

MAXsenna:  Thanks for the pointer but I don't think I am having the same issue as referenced in that post.  The post refers to not opening the cover over the button which the video shows is something that I am doing.

Any additional assistance or corrections to what I am doing are very welcome.

Have a great day!

PS.  I have just tried with a quick mission and the bug happens there too, and I tried deleting the User\Save Games\DCS.openbeta folder in case there was something there to cause it.  Same issue.

Edited by atsmith6
  • Thanks 1

Wrcknbckr thank you!

I knew I was probably doing something really dumb.  For some reason I was fixated on the RATO switch and didn't even consider it might be the wrong one.  Ha ha!!

Very much appreciated mate.  Knowing me it would have taken another week before I figured that out.  Minimum!

• Like 1

• atsmith6 changed the title to Drag Chute not disconnecting (and yes the button cover is open) [SOLVED]