DCS: Marianas WWII

deep

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply @Bananabrai. I've tried all the settings suggested in other threads in the forum, but with very limited success. It's a beautiful map for me if I fly at under 150 knots (i.e. helicopters). The reduced fps is tolerable at that speed.

I hoped that the WWII version would be optimized as ED said they were working on it. I guess we'll see when it comes out. As a free map, I have no complaints though.

23 hours ago, DishDoggie said:

I will not Speak for ED and I am thinking to myself a Question: Do I get everything Wrong? I thought when the Marianas Modern day map came out the talk was we get this one free and the WWII map would be Pay for use.

Really wonder where you did get that information.
The whole point of the Marianas map was to provide another free map, unrelated of the WWii or modern version.

@NineLine, maybe you can confirm this?

• Like 1

Alias in Discord: Mailman

5 hours ago, Bananabrai said:

Really wonder where you did get that information.
The whole point of the Marianas map was to provide another free map, unrelated of the WWii or modern version.

@NineLine, maybe you can confirm this?

As I said originally I might Get this Wrong When the Map was announced and first came out I was trying to remember if it was said that the 1st Marianas map would be free and a 2nd WWII map would fallow as a Pay to own version. BUT I can not recall if I am Correct I do NOT want to speak for ED in this matter because I could be very wrong. I thought ED would jump in and give a voice in the matter. I am Fine with it coming out Free or Pay to Own. I've seen some people say they have some issues performance wise with this map but I don't. Not sure why I do have 64G of Ram and a 16G VRAM card. I hope to see this map added to me Game as soon as it is Finished. I did not intend to stir the pot with you please understand that.

15 hours ago, DishDoggie said:

As I said originally I might Get this Wrong When the Map was announced and first came out I was trying to remember if it was said that the 1st Marianas map would be free and a 2nd WWII map would fallow as a Pay to own version. BUT I can not recall if I am Correct I do NOT want to speak for ED in this matter because I could be very wrong. I thought ED would jump in and give a voice in the matter. I am Fine with it coming out Free or Pay to Own. I've seen some people say they have some issues performance wise with this map but I don't. Not sure why I do have 64G of Ram and a 16G VRAM card. I hope to see this map added to me Game as soon as it is Finished. I did not intend to stir the pot with you please understand that.

Nothing was stirred, I did get you with the first message. I was just wondering why you were thinking this, but you clarified that you remember something like this.

I stated what I recall from the release, a free map, which later turned out to come in 2 era variants.

• Like 2

Alias in Discord: Mailman

On 9/21/2022 at 9:11 PM, DishDoggie said:

...I could be very wrong.

You are but seems you like to spread rumors and misinformation.

...we will make a WWII version ofMarianas and it will be free.

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

5 hours ago, draconus said:

You are but seems you like to spread rumors and misinformation.

If my posts are read with  intelligence and a Bully Free attitude it is clear I did not and do not wish to spread rumors. Your finding of the posted Repost is very helpful to the topic and I Thank You. Your Attempt to maybe BASH and BULLY me is not welcome so please stay away from me and my posts in the future that I wish to join in conversation on in the DCS Forum. Unless ED feels I am in the wrong for what I have said here. Please @BIGNEWY let me know if I have done wrong and I will make a honest effort to not word my post as to being in the wrong. Thank you again for the post on the Map in question Sir.

Edited by DishDoggie
bad spelling sorry
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello @BIGNEWY, any news about WWII version of Marianas? It will be nice to know something about development in newslatter. The last official info was long time ago. It will be nice to have it before F4U. 🙂

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Example from 2023 Beyond:

image.jpeg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team
2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Hello @BIGNEWY, any news about WWII version of Marianas? It will be nice to know something about development in newslatter. The last official info was long time ago. It will be nice to have it before F4U. 🙂

I will ask the team if they are ready to share more news about Marianas WWII, production is still in full swing and they are working hard, hopefully we can share something soon. 

thanks

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks! 🙂

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 5/21/2023 at 10:54 AM, BIGNEWY said:

I will ask the team if they are ready to share more news about Marianas WWII, production is still in full swing and they are working hard, hopefully we can share something soon. 

thanks

Please add info of the included airfields. Thanks.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 3 weeks later...

Btw. Interesting: WWII map will be as the same, modern map, not a separate map. You will have access for WWII version  if you will change the date only for WWII period. Nice feature and it saves a space on disc perhaps. 👍

I think they are testing it in the Mariana Islands when you change the time and the map changes

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

20 hours ago, YoYo said:

...and it saves a space on disc perhaps.

Not if you would like to install only one of the versions.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, jackd said:

Well y'all got me curious ... created a new Marianas Map ww2 tester mission, set the date to june 1944 ... Marianas WW2-test01.miz

Guess i am doing something wrong? It does not look much like ww2 .. (blue circles):

Marianas set to 1944 ww2.jpg

And you can try the "delette scenery object " (or something like that) at the begining of the mission, at least with the most  obviouse objects

Saludos.

Saca111

57 minutes ago, Mapi said:

¡Lo mejor es hacer uno o varios mapas de la Segunda Guerra Mundial!

y más mejor:

¡¡Instalación exe de DCS WWII !! Si a ti o a mí no nos gusta volar en la Segunda Guerra Mundial, tengo:

-sin archivos de la Segunda Guerra Mundial;

-no hay problemas ni registros de la Segunda Guerra Mundial

# ahorro espacio

# ahorro tiempo de carga

MBY DCS 3.0

😉

DCS has all on one, ED dont go to make two separate products.