Radar acquisition in SP vs MP

SharpeXB

I realize this is a rather pointless topic without a track or specific example but why does it seem so much more difficult to see or lock targets on the radar in MP vs SP? In MP If I train the radar on a BRA given to me for a bandit, I see nothing. Or if I can see the datalink HAFU on the radar I can’t lock it even when it’s within range and not in the aspect to be notching me or be hidden by terrain. 
In SP, if I see a HAFU on the SA Page or the radar, all I need to is move the TDC over it, query its altitude, slew the scan volume to that and within a few sweeps I’ll get a hit. In MP this doesn’t work. Why is that?

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

I have been noticing radar issues also, not just with getting a lock, but also a lot of issues with maintaining a lock.  It seems to be all over the place, randomly losing locks when in TWS for no apparent reason, to the point that I am unable to get a missile off.  It is a cycle of detect bandit(s), get L&S, DT2 (if there is one), shortly thereafter the hits disappear from the radar.  Some time later, hits return, rinse and repeat.  This is with bandits hot, within sweep azimuth limits, elevation definitely within the upper and lower limit, about 30 nm distance, and co-altitude +/- about 3,000 feet, up around 26,000 feet or so.  Meanwhile, the bandits are spiking me uninterrupted, so I don't think they are jamming.  In multiplayer, also; I haven't tried in SP.

Edited by Eclipse

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

• 2 weeks later...

I've been noticing that too. specially in TWS you can see the track is made in the SA page but you can't see that track in Radar.

Other thing is even after the track has been made you can't lock it in TWS mode. you have to get close or wait a little.

And other thing is you can't lock up jamming strobes in the dugout section of the radar anymore 

• Like 1

Yeah radar behavior seems just way different in MP vs SP in fact you can get very complacent thinking that enemies will show up as easy on radar or the SA page. Maybe it’s just that human players are very good at hiding or they aren’t acting in any cooperative way as donors for the datalink. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

ok so here's two examples, the first one is MP at 27.9 miles and pretty sure it's an F-16, can't get a hit on him

the second example is the SP BVR 8vs8 mission against the Su-27s and MiGs where you can easily lock them up at almost 40 miles and you instantly see bricks on them as soon as you sweep them

both are high/low aspect, same intl scan and the MP contact isn't behind terrain or notching so why the difficulty? The MP example is a look-down though. Is that so much a penalty even with that aspect?

Screen_220914_174256.jpg

Screen_220914_183930.jpg

Edited by SharpeXB