Need help with DevCfg for twist brakes.

Rosie

I really tried to work this out myself but not having any luck.  I have a Gunfighter Pro base that I use with the gen 2 WWII grip which has a twist function.  I am wanting to use the twist axis to function as the wheel brakes.....(I twist left and left wheel brake is applied,  I twist right and the right wheel brake is applied).  Can anyone who is knowledgeable with the VKB's software explain what I need to do?  I'm pretty sure the twist axis is labeled #5 but have not had any luck in making changes.  

Help me Obi-Wan.....you're my only hope.

DISREGARD.......FOUND AN OLD REDDIT POST THAT EXPLAINED IT.........BOY WAS I WAAAAAY OFF.

Edited by Rosie

This solution AxesToButton work but brakes are 0 or 100. :devil_2:

Instead buttons can set the twist left (from 50% default position to 0%) for generate a new virtual axis and twist right (50% to 100%) for generate another virtual axis, in both cases varying proportionately from 0 to 100% proportionately to twist axis movement, and then assign this two new virtual axes for planes that requite independent right and left wheel brakes (toe brakes). 

And can use one of the new virtual axis for planes with "differential brakes" (e.g. Spitfire, MiG-21... - press wheel brakes, move rudder for select the wheel that want brake), in this case setting twist for left (more wrist friendly) plus a button or key modifier for "Wheel Brakes", for differentiate from "Left Wheel Brakes".

Advantage is that in this way you have a proportional control of brakes, instead of the "ON-OFF" of the AxesToButton.

How set the new virtual axes, using VKB DevCfg:

1 - Click in "Save" and save the actual profile in the joystick in some computer folder, just in case.

2 - In "Profile" tick for the new virtual axes the boxes "En" (enabled) and "Vs" (visible), if use axes #5 and #6 will have similar DX names: Rot X and Rot Y, but can use any number not used in the profile.

Attention that in front Brake V1 are a sign of + for one axis and - for the other axis.

In % you can set - in want; a "deadzone" for brakes axes start respond, e..g. 5%, so avoid that any small unwanted movement of twist axi active the brakes.

3 - Is for make this axes visible for games.

4 - After done click "Set" button for save this new settings of the profile in the joystick controller EPROM. 

5 - After click in "Test" and see if work as expected.

Twist-brake-1.jpg

Twist-brakes-2.jpg

EDIT - Tip for assignment:

The twist axis - Rot X axis;  will be picked first than Rot Y or Rot Z, since is this axis that generate the others, so have two options for deal with this:

1 -Before hit the assignment box, twist the stick a bit for left or right and hold, open the assignment box and now twist the grip until the end of movement, the virtual axis will be picked. 

2 - If don't use the twist axis in any game, in DevCfg "Profile" just un-tick the box "Vs" (visible) for axis #3 - Rot X (the twist axis), then this axis will be hidden for games.

Edited by Sokol1_br