Cursor Confined To Game Window not working after spawn

SMH

The new option Cursor Confined to Game Window isn't working when you first spawn. I'm not sure what happens that makes it work, maybe some view switching? But at some point it goes back to doing what it should again.

And while I'm here, could I request a keybind to temporarily turn that off? Usage case: I have the flight manual up in on the 2nd screen. Most of the time I don't want the DCS cursor running off into it and changing what page I'm on accidentally, so this new feature is much appreciated (even more so if it actually worked). But occasionally I do want to slide the cursor over into the manual to navigate through it. Would be nice to have a momentary defeat of this feature to do that. Only needs to work as long as I'm holding the keybind down (momentary) though I guess a toggle would be acceptable too. (Yes, I know I can Alt+Tab out, but then DCS disappears entirely until I switch back to it. Not ideal.)

Edited by SMH

Also just noticed, when I first open the ME the cursor is confined to the game window. But when I spawn into the mission it's not. And when I quit the mission and return to the ME it's no longer confined either.

On 8/14/2022 at 6:00 PM, SMH said:

The new option Cursor Confined to Game Window isn't working when you first spawn. I'm not sure what happens that makes it work, maybe some view switching? But at some point it goes back to doing what it should again.

And while I'm here, could I request a keybind to temporarily turn that off? Usage case: I have the flight manual up in on the 2nd screen. Most of the time I don't want the DCS cursor running off into it and changing what page I'm on accidentally, so this new feature is much appreciated (even more so if it actually worked). But occasionally I do want to slide the cursor over into the manual to navigate through it. Would be nice to have a momentary defeat of this feature to do that. Only needs to work as long as I'm holding the keybind down (momentary) though I guess a toggle would be acceptable too. (Yes, I know I can Alt+Tab out, but then DCS disappears entirely until I switch back to it. Not ideal.)

8 hours ago, SMH said:

Also just noticed, when I first open the ME the cursor is confined to the game window. But when I spawn into the mission it's not. And when I quit the mission and return to the ME it's no longer confined either.

are you in full full screen or windowed mode? i have two screens and run dcs on only one. when i click to other monitor dcs while actually in game minimizes. if i click on other screen when in a menu in dcs, the game does not minimize. i have full screen enabled.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

4 hours ago, silverdevil said:

are you in full full screen or windowed mode? i have two screens and run dcs on only one. when i click to other monitor dcs while actually in game minimizes. if i click on other screen when in a menu in dcs, the game does not minimize. i have full screen enabled.

Full screen, with my DCS screen size set to the native size of my main display, 1920x1080. I also use Alt(either one)+Enter to get some extra frame rate out of DCS. (This is weird. Apparently Alt+Enter is Windows DirectX full screen command - which is why it works with either Alt key unlike DCS commands that just specify one or the other - but it doesn't seem to get set by the DCS fullscreen option. If I don't press it my frame rate will lock to whole number divisors of my display's 60FPS, so it'll usually be exactly 30 or (or exactly 20 or 15 if it's rendering really slow). If I hit Alt+Enter the frame rate is allowed to go in between those values, and I'll get numbers like, say, 37 or 43 and see a noticeable improvement in frame rate. (Yet still no horizontal tearing like you would get with V-Sync off, so it's not doing that.) And if I switch out to another app, it'll go back to the "locked" mode and I have to hit Alt+Enter again to get back to the faster refresh rate. (A bit annoying, but I'm glad we can do it! It was great to discover this hidden bonus framerate!)

Anyway, neither mode has any different effect on the cursor constraining. Happens whichever way I have it. 

At this point it feels almost random. Sometimes the cursor is locked to the DCS screen, sometimes it lets me slide over to the other display as if the constraint setting was off.

options.lua

Edited by SMH

7 hours ago, SMH said:

At this point it feels almost random. Sometimes the cursor is locked to the DCS screen, sometimes it lets me slide over to the other display as if the constraint setting was off.

the frame rate could be this line

["sync"] = true,

that is VSYNC on GUI. that will lock frame rate in a sense. but not anything to do with your OP.

i do not have a good answer for you so far. i do not have these issues. can you attach your DCS.LOG? it may contain some clues.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 8/17/2022 at 5:19 PM, silverdevil said:

the frame rate could be this line

["sync"] = true,

that is VSYNC on GUI. that will lock frame rate in a sense. but not anything to do with your OP.

i do not have a good answer for you so far. i do not have these issues. can you attach your DCS.LOG? it may contain some clues.

No. Like I said, unrelated to the V-Sync setting (and I would see the horizontal tearing if V-Sync was going off - I can't stand that).

What it's doing is switching between equal time for each frame, or fast as possible frames. I prefer the latter. Get them to my eyes ASAP! Anyway, this is a side-issue. I just wanted to mention it because I have noticed it interacts with some things (like the SRS overlay won't overlay in the fast frames mode) and that it doesn't seem to have any effect on the cursor constraining. But spread the word, you can get faster frames this way!

And sure, can make a log file, but you probably won't see anything. Will get back to you with that. (Wait, we want a log file of me changing DirectX Fullscreen mode with Alt+Enter? Or of the cursor leaving the constrained screen? Neither one will likely record to track or leave any trace in the log file, particularly the latter. But I'll try both.)

Edited by SMH