AM-39 Exocet?

spacemishka

Apparently not, do a search you’ll find a number of threads on your question. 

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

We don't have the correct variant for it. Iraqi EQ.2 or .4 did. .6 for sure, but those were never delivered.

At any rate we don't have an EQ even if the devs wanted to do one, no docs.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 8/15/2022 at 4:49 PM, Harlikwin said:

We don't have the correct variant for it. Iraqi EQ.2 or .4 did. .6 for sure, but those were never delivered.

At any rate we don't have an EQ even if the devs wanted to do one, no docs.

EQ5 carried 1 on the centerline, EQ6 can carry 2 under the wings, the rest didnt have Exocet, they did however have Martel missiles called BAZAR which were quite effective against ships so long as there was a radiation source to track

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Get_Lo said:

EQ5 carried 1 on the centerline, EQ6 can carry 2 under the wings, the rest didnt have Exocet, they did however have Martel missiles called BAZAR which were quite effective against ships so long as there was a radiation source to track

Interesting. So EQ.5 was the only one the iraqis had that could use it? (EQ.6 got stuck in france afaik)

Yeah be cool to get martels into dcs. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

3 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Interesting. So EQ.5 was the only one the iraqis had that could use it? (EQ.6 got stuck in france afaik)

Yeah be cool to get martels into dcs. 

afaik it was only the last batches of EQ6s that got stuck in France
Mirage-F1-EQ-caea-merignac.jpg
In 1987, a Secret Iraqi Warplane Struck an American Frigate and Killed 37  Sailors | by War Is Boring | War Is Boring | Medium

Edited by Get_Lo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Stratos said:

Tha iraqies carried also the As-30 missile, IIRC, can anyone confirm?

You're right. The AS30L and the "Patrick" laser pod (a variant of the ATLIS pod).

For those interrested in the F1EQ I recommend to read :

"Iraqi Mirages In Combat: The story of the F.1EQ in Iraq" by Miguel Garcia
"Iraqi Mirages: The Dassault Mirage Family in Service with the Iraqi Air Force, 1981-1988" by Tom Cooper
and if you speak French :
"Les héros de Bagdad" vol I & II by Jean-Louis Bernard

Edited by R.MES
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, R.MES said:

You're right. The AS30L and the "Patrick" laser pod (a variant of the ATLIS pod).

For those interrested in the F1EQ I recommend to read :

"Iraqi Mirages In Combat: The story of the F.1EQ in Iraq" by Miguel Garcia
"Iraqi Mirages: The Dassault Mirage Family in Service with the Iraqi Air Force, 1981-1988" by Tom Cooper
and if you speak French :
"Les héros de Bagdad" vol I & II by Jean-Louis Bernard

Pretty sure the Patrick had nothing to do with ATLIS, but it was another TGP the F1 could use. 

53 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Pretty sure the Patrick had nothing to do with ATLIS, but it was another TGP the F1 could use. 

Quote from Miguel Garcia book p.92 :

"The 'Patrick' was a dedicated version of the ATLIS laser designator pod specially developped for Iraq and India"

More precisely, as far as I know, this pod was based on the ATLIS but only with French components to avoid constraints regarding export (because originally, ATLIS was a collaboration between the French manufacturer Thomson-CSF and the American Martin-Marietta).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R.MES said:

Quote from Miguel Garcia book p.92 :

"The 'Patrick' was a dedicated version of the ATLIS laser designator pod specially developped for Iraq and India"

More precisely, as far as I know, this pod was based on the ATLIS but only with French components to avoid constraints regarding export (because originally, ATLIS was a collaboration between the French manufacturer Thomson-CSF and the American Martin-Marietta).

Thats pretty interesting. From my understanding is that Patrick was specifically a thermal pod aka PDLCT, using tech from martin. Whereas I've been told that ATLIS had no actual thermal capability just day vid and LLTV ("IR" mode). 

48 minutes ago, Get_Lo said:

It also had random stuff bolted onto it that served really no purpose other than to make it appear more different than it actually was

lol really?

5 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

lol really?

welcome to the French weapon export practices circa 1950-1990. a good story is the one about the Iraqi Super Etendards. or the Martel missiles 

Edited by Get_Lo

12 hours ago, Get_Lo said:

welcome to the French weapon export practices circa 1950-1990. a good story is the one about the Iraqi Super Etendards. or the Martel missiles 

Is this documented somewhere? 

I don't think the argument of "it was never on the Spanish jets so it won't be included" works, given what they're doing with the Super 530 or the Sea Eagle on the C-101. My guess is if the F1M was remotely capable of using it (or other similar weapons), it will be included for the sake of variety. Which is honestly perfectly fine given how loadout restrictions work these days.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TLTeo said:

I don't think the argument of "it was never on the Spanish jets so it won't be included" works, given what they're doing with the Super 530 or the Sea Eagle on the C-101. My guess is if the F1M was remotely capable of using it (or other similar weapons), it will be included for the sake of variety. Which is honestly perfectly fine given how loadout restrictions work these days.

Honestly I don't disagree here, but it also depends on if Exocet integration had additional changes within the pit/controls etc. Like the Super530F was a capability for the F1CE even if Spain never bought the missile. And IDK what you mean about the Sea Eagle on the 101, it has the sea eagle. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

And IDK what you mean about the Sea Eagle on the 101, it has the sea eagle. 

That's exactly what I mean - the 101 has the Sea Eagle even though no country ever actually bought/used them. You're right about pit/controls for the Exocet, but depending on how much work it is it wouldn't be impossible either, see e.g. Lantirn on the Tomcat (or some features on the Mirage 2000? I think the GCI datalink thingy changes the pit a bit for instance).

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Is this documented somewhere? 

You probably arent going to find anything more than stories about this, which is just the way the French wanted it.
But as for weapons for the F1, I say with the new load out restrictions, the more the merrier. the F1 is has many famous armaments.

I prefer the F1CE to remain as true to the Spanish version, if that is what they are aiming for.

Better to produce versions which did use "weapon X or Sensor Y".  (ie. F1EQ, etal) Not keen on seeing another Franken plane if possible.

I realize there is always a bit of jiggery pokery when creating a sim of a plane for various reasons.  I just prefer to keep it to a minimum.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Ideally we would have gotten the EQ5 rather than a Spanish version but that's a moot point. If a weapon was capable of being used without modification to the aircraft, then I think it should be included. Just because a particular air force didn't use said weapon due to doctrine or budget isn't relevant in the context of a game. Additionally, if all the changes required to make a weapon work were under the hood and invisible as far the pilot was concerned, then that too is a good enough reason to include the additional weapon. Once we get into cockpit or substantial airframe modifications where there are physical differences in the cockpit or flight performance of the plane, then I think that's where it makes sense to draw the line and say no unless an additional version is made.

Logic behind this is simple, I doubt more than a handful of people got the F1CE due to it's long history of collecting dust in the Spanish Air Force. We bought it as the closest example we could get of a Mirage F1 that actually saw combat (mostly Iraq, but others too). That's true for many aircraft in DCS. If memory serves, the F-18 in DCS is also the Spanish model but basically everyone got it for its USN service.

• Like 4

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.