early access questions from ADHS

ADHS

I find the multiplay under or over ESTIMATION and FUNCTIONALITY of the modules
and the "twiking" in their unique weapons, too much, to maintain "equity" for gaming.
Some are under and some over and thats a fact. After i bought the module i find my
self that i have to PLAY and use a 1990's Hellfire that even Comanche Gold from
Novalogic (1998) was MUCH more advanced. Why? Just a question from a CUSTOMER
from 2022, just explain, WHY.

Edited by ADHS

Democracy was already invented, while Scrat was eating oak fruits.

39 minutes ago, ADHS said:

I find the multiplay under or over ESTIMATION and FUNCTIONALITY of the modules
and the "twiking" in their unique weapons, too much, to maintain "equity" for gaming.
Some are under and some over and thats a fact. After i bought the module i find my
self that i have to PLAY and use a 1990's Hellfire that even Comanche Gold from
Novalogic (1998) was MUCH more advanced. Why? Just a question from a CUSTOMER
from 2022, just explain, WHY.

If I understand correctly, you are asking why DCS Apache isn't using more advanced weapons? Answer is simple: because DCS Apache is representing real life Apache of certain era, not the "latest and greatest". And before you ask why is that, it's because ED wasn't able to get licences and classified data for latest and greatest (and even this "old" one has some stuff classified, for which we see only extrapolation in DCS).

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, admiki said:

Answer is simple: because DCS Apache is representing real life Apache of certain era, not the "latest and greatest".

Hello admiki and MAXsenna

1. Regarding the "reality" please, dont! Greece has a fleet of multiply naval units that the availability in DCS is just for LAUGH (Just 2 boats! Check in ME) and wiki.

2. Is not classified the FIRE-AND-FORGET of the Hellfire abilities.

3. I can undesrtand your point, but this is a supposseed model that we BUY with purpose to FLY and USE it while we have PATRIOT and S300, in DCS

to fight with. And this is 20 years difference in technology weapons.

Thank you man

Edited by ADHS

4 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

Can you actually say what you want instead of beating around the bush?

That we are PLAY against RADARs with STONES.

• ED Team

@ADHS, the AGM-114K missile is a laser-guided missile, and as such is not fire-and-forget. Any claims as such are false. However, the AGM-114L is an active radar-guided variant that is planned for later in Early Access, and this does have fire-and-forget capability.

Further, the premise that capabilities and performance are purposely exaggerated or hindered to maintain competitive balance is also false, despite many claims on the forums to the contrary. Regarding the DCS: AH-64D specifically, it is a simulation of the AH-64D from the mid-2000's era, with the help of real-world subject matter experts that have spent years flying the real aircraft. There are many aspects that remain as works-in-progress (such as the flight model), but I can assure you that an accurate simulation of the real aircraft is being created short of violating sensitivity restrictions on any equipment or weapons. However, I assure you, the AGM-114K is not a fire-and-forget weapon in real life any more than any other laser-guided munition.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

13 minutes ago, ADHS said:

That we are PLAY against RADARs with STONES.

Part of the fun in the Apache for me is sneaking up on threats like these, staying low and using cover, and then engaging them at short range.  Most SAMs I have come across won't be able to shoot at you at very short range.  Shilkas, on the other hand, are still quite deadly...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

@ADHS, the AGM-114K missile is a laser-guided missile, and as such is not fire-and-forget. Any claims as such are false.

My friend, IT IS a FIRE-AND-FORGET missile and specialy behind Geo-Morpholigal-Terrain.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2021/03/22/agm-114-hellfire-missile/

The AGM-114L, also known as Hellfire Longbow,
is a precision strike missile using Millimeter Wave (MMW) radar guidance.
It has the same anti-armor warhead and has the capability to operate in
poor weather conditions, and provides beyond-line-of-sight, fire-and-forget capability.
It uses radar to track targets by transmitting pulses of low-frequency electromagnetic
waves that are reflected off the target.

So we are using an "old version" of the AH-64D that hasn't included the L in our recent MODULE now in 2022 ?

You are telling me that the L is not included in my buying of the AH-64D pltform that the L was designed for?

LOL my friend, just LOL.

Edited by ADHS

7 minutes ago, ADHS said:

My friend, IT IS a FIRE-AND-FORGET missile and specialy behind Geo-Morpholigal-Terrain.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2021/03/22/agm-114-hellfire-missile/

The AGM-114L, also known as Hellfire Longbow,
is a precision strike missile using Millimeter Wave (MMW) radar guidance.
It has the same anti-armor warhead and has the capability to operate in
poor weather conditions, and provides beyond-line-of-sight, fire-and-forget capability.
It uses radar to track targets by transmitting pulses of low-frequency electromagnetic
waves that are reflected off the target.

So we are using an "old version" of the AH-64D that hasn't included the L in our recent MODULE now in 2022 ?

What he said was right, the agm-114K IS NOT fire and forget but the agm-114L IS fire and forget.

Our ah-64d module will be getting the agm-114L missile which IS fire and forget but it isn't available as of now because our module is in development. 

• Like 1

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

21 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

Part of the fun in the Apache for me is sneaking up on threats like these, staying low and using cover, and then engaging them at short range.  Most SAMs I have come across won't be able to shoot at you at very short range.  Shilkas, on the other hand, are still quite deadly...

I fully undestand your point my friend, i really do. Its a good practice for 60$

But i want to play FAIR. Its ok i've got your poimt. Thank you😀

Edited by ADHS

8 minutes ago, notproplayer3 said:

What he said was right, the agm-114K IS NOT fire and forget but the agm-114L IS fire and forget.

Our ah-64d module will be getting the agm-114L missile which IS fire and forget but it isn't available as of now because our module is in development. 

Hey, dont get me wrong. I know that i bought an early access module my friend.

I've just got annoying to wait YEARS till my eary access module to become FULLY functional.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

The module currently has the AGM-114K variant, which is laser-guided.  In the future, the module will also have the fire-and-forget AGM-114L variant.

Yes my friend, iam sure, as DCS modules UPDATES are going FASTER than before.

All good😃

Edited by ADHS

BUT, i insist:

a recent module has to be at leat 70% functional to justify it's bought amount

in PLAYABILITY. Even in early access

Edited by ADHS

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, ADHS said:

BUT,

a recent module has to be 70% functional to justify the bought amount.

It can take time for these projects to reach completion so it maybe best to wait for the full release if you are not happy. The team are working hard and the promised features on the store page will come later in early access. Please remember you also received a discount for buying early access, in the future consider waiting before purchasing early access.  

thank you

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

15 minutes ago, notproplayer3 said:

Yes, it is an eary access, but i bought it to use this one, not a laser thing.

I know i know we have to wait AGAIN and AGAIN. So am i pay you to get it right ?

This is th annoying thing in DCS.!

Thank you

• BIGNEWY changed the title to early access questions from ADHS
  • ED Team
Just now, ADHS said:

I know i know we have to wait AGAIN and AGAIN. So am i pay you to get it right ?

Thank you

You will need to be patient. 

thank you

• Like 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

It can take time for these projects to reach completion so it maybe best to wait for the full release if you are not happy. The team are working hard and the promised features on the store page will come later in early access. Please remember you also received a discount for buying early access, in the future consider waiting before purchasing early access.  

thank you

Hey. I know and i fully understand. Its just annoying to pay the developers an early access till they finally sell me something that  is finally works. My point and thank you my friend.

Edited by ADHS

• ED Team
Just now, ADHS said:

Hey. I know and i fully understand. Its just annoying to pay the developers an early access tille they sell something totaly working. My point and thank you my friend.

You say you understand early access, but clearly you seem to think all features should be present. 
Without early access these projects would not be possible, so your patience is required, but as mentioned in the future it maybe best for you to wait for a full release. 

thank you

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

You say you understand early access, but clearly you seem to think all features should be present. 
Without early access these projects would not be possible, so your patience is required, but as mentioned in the future it maybe best for you to wait for a full release. 

thank you

Well, as a BUYER and GAMER i was expecting more than this 😀 my friend.

All good from my part. I wish you to do the best and all the best.

ADHS

9 minutes ago, ADHS said:

Thank you

Yeah, in that case I'm getting what you mean, I agree it can be frustrating, especially if you bought the ah64d module hoping to have the fire and forget variant already available. The only thing you can do now is wait unfortunately.

• Like 1

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Just now, notproplayer3 said:

Yeah, in that case I'm getting what you mean, I agree it can be frustrating, especially if you bought the ah64d module hoping to have the fire and forget variant already available. The only thing you can do now is wait unfortunately.

You dont let me another option my friend😃. Till then ill be a good pilot.

Thank you, nice chating with you,

• Like 1

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, ADHS said:

Well, as a BUYER and GAMER i was expecting more than this 😀 my friend.

All good from my part. I wish you to do the best and all the best.

ADHS

Thank you and we look forward to bringing you the remaining features during early access. 

• Like 4