PTT not working after Viacom update

Rubber Biscuit

My PTT function was working fine then an update back in December stopped my PTT function to work.
I have the pro version with Kneeboard and all the other modules.
I have been trying to get the PTT function working, I use a button on my HOTAS for TX4 Press/TX4 Release with easy communications.

I tried Hot Mic but then Kneeboard didn't. work.

I have tried all different settings, but can’t get the PTT button to work on my HOTAS, I had it working before the update.

I have tried going thru Discord
you can see my posts under name " Rubber Biscuit " for history

It’s been a long time not working and I would love to get this working again.
I use only VR and getting Viacom working is important to me.

25 minutes ago, Rubber Biscuit said:

My PTT function was working fine then an update back in December stopped my PTT function to work.
I have the pro version with Kneeboard and all the other modules.
I have been trying to get the PTT function working, I use a button on my HOTAS for TX4 Press/TX4 Release with easy communications.

I tried Hot Mic but then Kneeboard didn't. work.

I have tried all different settings, but can’t get the PTT button to work on my HOTAS, I had it working before the update.

I have tried going thru Discord
you can see my posts under name " Rubber Biscuit " for history

It’s been a long time not working and I would love to get this working again.
I use only VR and getting Viacom working is important to me.

Older versions are available at the bottom of the downloads page here: https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html. You might try rolling back to see if it solves the problem, which could provide a clue. Otherwise I suggest you post all of your settings here, including the PTT setup in VoiceAttack. Also, show us what appears in your VoiceAttack log when you try to use TX4, and provide the VAICOM log as well. Turn on debugging in VAICOM first.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I was playing around with settings on options page as seen below and got the PTT working. (YEA )

The changes that i think made it work 1) moved to Dynamic Switching 2) switched on Auto Switch

works as before but the Kneeboard now doesn't load, i have posted of the response after keyword " Kneeboard " 

Annotation 2022-08-15 132516.jpg

aavoiceattack.jpg

Edited by Rubber Biscuit

So it looks like VoiceAttack is not recognizing the word "kneeboard" but instead thinks you said "and the board."  But you say that it does recognize "kneeboard" under other circumstances?

The Dynamic Switching stuff is for MP only. Have you tested in SP? Personally I uncheck everything on the RHS of that screen except Sound Notification, and keep the VOIP Control set to Broadcast Parallel, and have no problems.

If VoiceAttack sometimes is recognizing the word but not at other times then I'm wondering if there is some kind of timing or resource issue. Keep in mind that the voice recognition is done by MS Speech Recognition and not by VoiceAttack or VAICOM PRO. So whatever is causing the problem is something that is disrupting the core operating system voice recognition. I had a lot of these problems when I first started using VAICOM and found that getting a better microphone made a huge difference. But I can also believe that if you are pushing your system to the limit there might not be enough CPU cycles or other resources available for voice recognition to work reliably. I'm wondering, for example, if turning your graphics settings way down, or switching to 2D instead of VR would make a difference.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I have the same problem with the latest version. It appears that my PTT would suspend listening every other press. Here is the log file. Note how "Listening supsended" happens before TX1 release on the second press.

10:45:17.776 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
10:45:15.934 TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210 AM 305.000 MHz: no tuned units.
10:45:15.910 Listening suspended
10:45:15.908 Chatter initialized. 
10:45:15.907 Resources added. 
10:45:15.907 Adding chatter resources.. Navy
10:45:15.907 Chatter theme set to Navy
10:45:15.907 Adding themepack collections
10:45:15.906 No new ATCs were found.
10:45:15.904 Scanning for new theater.
10:45:15.904 Nearest ATC: Hatay.
10:45:15.903 Player New callsign entered module FA-18C Hornet, unit callsign 411
10:45:15.903 Resetting selected units.
10:45:15.903 DCS mission | IA-FA18C-Syria-Free Flight
10:45:15.903 ------------------------------------------
10:45:15.661 Listening resumed
10:45:15.640 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'
10:44:43.358 Listening suspended
10:44:43.338 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
10:44:40.981 TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210 AM 305.000 MHz: no tuned units.
10:44:40.710 Listening resumed
10:44:40.695 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

My PTT configs:

6kCiW7G.png

SoyH4Zg.png

This issue cam to life after the 2.5.25 update, which had some multiplayer changes. I did initially have the issue, and I made the changes per @Hollywood_315 's instructions. There are numerous posts about this issue, the post with the solution should probably be pinned... 😉 

Anyway, I've reverted back to 2.5.24 due to other issues, but IIRC the settings are as follows under the multiplayer tab.
Try out "Broadcast Parallel" and "Only in MP" and restart VoiceAttack.

Please report back if this solves it, and we can have a solution pinned.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Andy t said:

I have the same problem with the latest version. It appears that my PTT would suspend listening every other press. Here is the log file. Note how "Listening supsended" happens before TX1 release on the second press.

That is not the same problem described in this thread at all, and you've already posted all of this in another thread. It's not productive to spam multiple threads with the same posts. I tried to offer some help in the other thread, but I think you may have uncovered a bug.