Syria and other map bush/clutter pop in

MadKreator
Go to solution Solved by Boosterdog,

Anyone know how to ( if even possible) keep the ground clutter from popping in completely?  The bubble for pop in is so ridiculously low it’s annoying. I’ve recently been playing Syria a lot and the little bushes popping up 50 feet from the plane is ridiculous! Is that a map thing, or a game thing? I tried to go into the config lua in saved games and set the clutter to -150000 like a post on Through the Inferno’s site says, but it did nothing. I feel like the ground clutter slider should control distance not the amount, or maybe a separate slider would be good. I would either like it off completely, or having some but have it render far enough away that it doesn’t look like a Roblox game popping everything in 10 feet in front of you.😂 Don’t get me wrong I love DCS, I play almost everyday, but man, some things 🤦‍♂️  Obviously only an annoyance for helis and low level fliers. Doesn’t bother me one bit at 20,000’ lol 

Edited by MadKreator
  • Like 2

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 3 months later...
  • Solution

Very late replay and you've probably already sorted it.

For Syria, I found the Anabasis_setifera plant the most troublesome and jarring "pop up" - in Mods/terrain/Syria/surface details - I just rename it to "Anabasis_setifera_0.ref" so the game doesnt see it - I have to delete the newly created file for it every patch but thats no big deal. 

In PG in the PG surface details folder I do the same with "small_bush" and "small_bush-group"

Caucuases has has large number of smaller shrubs hiding under the forest canopy - these are not a pop up problem but removing or renaming "Bush.ref" can ease the load a little without undult affecting the quality of the graphics - this can also ve permanently edited out in  one of the lua. files but I forget which.

• Thanks 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2022 at 2:54 AM, Boosterdog said:

For Syria, I found the Anabasis_setifera plant the most troublesome and jarring "pop up" - in Mods/terrain/Syria/surface details - I just rename it to "Anabasis_setifera_0.ref" so the game doesnt see it - I have to delete the newly created file for it every patch but thats no big deal. 

In PG in the PG surface details folder I do the same with "small_bush" and "small_bush-group"

Caucuases has has large number of smaller shrubs hiding under the forest canopy - these are not a pop up problem but removing or renaming "Bush.ref" can ease the load a little without undult affecting the quality of the graphics - this can also ve permanently edited out in  one of the lua. files but I forget which.

Lol I forgot I ever made this thread! I will look into your suggestions for sure!

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

On 11/18/2022 at 2:54 AM, Boosterdog said:

haha finally did this.. You are a god-send!  no more dumb ass bushes!