What kind of aircraft do you wan't to see next?

d0ppler

What kind of aircraft do you wan't to see next?  

386 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of aircraft do you wan't to see next?

• Fixed wing attacker (A-10, Su-25..)
    • Fixed wing fighter (Su-27, F-16...)
    • Fixed wing utility/transporter (AC-130, An-70...)
    • Rotary wing attacker (Longbow, Mi-28, Appache...)
    • Rotary wing utility/CSAR/transporter (Mi-24, KA-60, UH-60, Bell 412...)
    • None of the above (specify)

Not sure. Did they model weapon systems, radar, ECM and other military equipment as well? Because FSX doesn't require these at all, IIRC.

Plus, did they base it on guesses or in real documents?

They used real documentation ( U.S. Navy NATOPS flight manuals) and received help from the US Navy.

Edited by Krippz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

But what about weapon systems and etc.?

That's what really matter. In FSX, just a decent flight model and one or another systems will do. In DCS, it's a completely different story...

Most of the Superhorent's weapons have been modeled to an accurate detail in Jane's F/A-18 and Falcon 4.0 Allied Force.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not talking about weapons only, but also about radar, jammers, IFF, and all the fun stuff the military doesn't want us to know :D

I don't think any military would give any developer detail of that type for a consumer product. A best guess would be sufficient IMHO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A best guess would be sufficient IMHO.

Apparently, from what I've read, ED seems to disagree with you.

That's why we whine about the 'classic' planes, instead of all this recent stuff and etc.

Although I've been something close to reasonable in this thread (or at least tried to be), the ideal DCS title for me (translation: "f*** you and everybody, just for me and no one else" :D) would be based on this great little guy :):

As a bonus, check this pass - truly awesome!

Edited by Lucas_From_Hell

Apparently, from what I've read, ED seems to disagree with you.

That's why we whine about the 'classic' planes, instead of all this recent stuff and etc.

Although I've been something close to reasonable in this thread (or at least tried to be), the ideal DCS title for me (translation: "f*** you and everybody, just for me and no one else" :D) would be based on this great little guy :):

As a bonus, check this pass - truly awesome!

I would rather see a 4th Gen fighter. The F-5 is a great option (it's never been modeled in great detail in a study sim) however it would not be able to compete against much of anything. Again Eagle is not going to be able to model every single system accurately . For example some of the RWR symbology in Falcon 4.0 Allied Force is a best guess (because some of it was classified) and I don't recall hearing complaints from the community; I think our community would understand.

Edited by Krippz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, the standard* F-5E, in the BVR field, might have a hard time (even considering it has radar).

However, it's a capable multi-role fighter and performs really well in ground-attack roles.

Plus, in CAC, that boy can really give you a hard time.

*Only the standard one - modernized versions, such as F-5EM, can ruin your day in BVR as well :D

(Just a related curiosity, can the standard F-5E carry AAMRAMs in any situation?)

Well, the standard* F-5E, in the BVR field, might have a hard time (even considering it has radar).

However, it's a capable multi-role fighter and performs really well in ground-attack roles.

Plus, in CAC, that boy can really give you a hard time.

*Only the standard one - modernized versions, such as F-5EM, can ruin your day in BVR as well :D

(Just a related curiosity, can the standard F-5E carry AAMRAMs in any situation?)

The F-5S and F-5T are able to carry the AMRAAM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I want to see a singleplayer and co-op (2 seater) sim

F-14,F-15

or a WWII sim.

WOP feels a little arcady

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know about you guys but I would love to be able to fly transport missions with one of the following: CH53E, AC130, C17. That would really be great!

just saying the AC-130 is a gun ship (i would still want one) the C-130 is the transport it's derived from.

I don't know about you guys but I would love to be able to fly transport missions with one of the following: CH53E, AC130, C17. That would really be great!

You can do this with FSX. Purchase or download the planes/choppers get a few guys together and "transport" whatever goods you'd like to from X to Y. You can go across the globe or just down to the next base.

You just have to use a little imagination ;).

I doubt DCS will do a transport "logistical" module...if so it's way down the line.

• 3 years later...

We will hopefully get the Hind so no need to ask, The Apache is always welcome and an Mi-28 would be great.

But I would like to see some small tight fast attack helicopters:

Gazelle,

OH-6 Cayuse or 500MD Defender,

Bell OH-58 Kiowa,

Bo-105.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

DCS F-16 b.52

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.