What kind of aircraft do you wan't to see next?

d0ppler

What kind of aircraft do you wan't to see next?  

386 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of aircraft do you wan't to see next?

• Fixed wing attacker (A-10, Su-25..)
    • Fixed wing fighter (Su-27, F-16...)
    • Fixed wing utility/transporter (AC-130, An-70...)
    • Rotary wing attacker (Longbow, Mi-28, Appache...)
    • Rotary wing utility/CSAR/transporter (Mi-24, KA-60, UH-60, Bell 412...)
    • None of the above (specify)

I know but beside those there's not really many buttons to press.

It's a good old aircraft that has been flying for many years and never made flyable in a sim. just a da** pitty.

Have you ever sat in a Mig21 cockpit? There is buttons everywhere even behind you IMO Mig21 is button madness but I'd fly it if someone made a addon.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

What would make sense:

Ka-50 >< AH-64

Su-25 >< A-10

Su-27 >< F-15

Mig-29 >< F-16

And then, driving tanks would "complete" the war scenario.

Thing is though, what we need most is a new game engine in my opinion, but that is off topic.

Not quite lets not forget the Ships and Submarines.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Ka-50 is no match for the apache, its like comparing the F-22 to the F-16 :)

You would be better of with the mi28 for that purpose :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

F-16 since its the work horse of so many countries ...and it can do A2A A2G.

after that whatever ...anything goes...i guess 4 the balance they should do a russain jet / american jet.. after a few throw in a eurofighter or mirage they are wonderful as well..

so ETA 20-25 years :D

Yes... Yes they do...

*tries to pull strings* :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Harrier!!! No one has and probably no one will succesfully attempt it! but it would be perfect!!! And btw I know about jet thunder ;) I reckon it's going to fail though :/
Isnt there a Harrier in the Strike Fighters series? Not that that series is very realistic though...

it will be nice to see the F16C in DCS. And it will bring alot of F4 OF guys to the dark side.......

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

American Fixed wing for sure. I know people are tired of F-16 sims because of Falcon series' existence since time immemorial...but Lockon/DCS is such an amazing engine/environment, I would love to see the F-16 as interpreted by ED. Hornet would be a top choice as well as a FULLY capable, updated, and functional F-15C.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

People, please!!! No more F15, F16, F18 Ecc. What you think about Tornado or Eurofighter, Harrier. I like to see whats new in my life before i die!!! I remember i have played Tornado & Eurofighter and AV8B Harrier whit a very good Campagne in the 90' this wars a very nice games or not?! Please!!! :protest::spam_laser::argue::notworthy::cry_2::helpsmilie::joystick::thumbup:

Blackbird: "LA Center, requested flight level Angels 80." (80,000 feet)

Center: "If you think you can get there, buddy, go ahead!"

Blackbird: "Roger; Descending to Angels 80."

Tornado or Eurofighter, Harrier.

Harrier, no chance of an even recently out of service version (ie anything newer than the GR Mk5). Tornado, don't know about the German version but there is no way ED would get data for a GR Mk4.

And as for Typhoon, you've got as much chance of the USAF giving ED the data for the Raptor as you have us giving them the data needed to model Typhoon of any variant. Even if we did, there are so many versions and sub versions at the moment ED would never be able to work out which one to model anyway.

The reason people suggest the F-16C so much is that (apart from the block 60) all the data on the aircraft is very easily available, even the radar system. Well that and it's an awesome aircraft ;).

To be honest as long as we get a well known NATO multi-role fighter soon (ie if not the next module the one after that at the latest) I'll be happy. But for reasons of simplicity and maximum sales a US aircraft is the sensible choice in my opinion unless ED get a military contract for something less common, if not the original one.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

But for reasons of simplicity and maximum sales a US aircraft is the sensible choice in my opinion

In my opinion the route to maximum sales would be a soviet aircraft. There's a reason why almost every flight sim developer out there is a russian or CIS one - the flight sim market in the CIS countries is HUGE compared to the western one, where things like "HAWX" gets listed under the "simulator" category without so much as a store clerk thinking that it's weird... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

AH 64 or AH-1z/w. Only aircraft I want to see after the A10.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

MI-24, AH-64A, MI-24 (spez carriers/gunships), F-16 because I have a huge love affair with that bird since I saw Iron Eagle as a kid. I can't honestly even bring myself to vote because I'm still hanging by a thread over the A-10.

I can really handle the suspense of the next aircraft ... if I go to the next my head will pop off. :)

Any dualseater with multicrewoption.

I really love to finally see a high fidelity sim allowing me and my mates to work together even closer. My favourite would be a helo with as many systems as possible. IR and/or Radar would be great. Im not an expert but a late Apache should fit in here. But any other dualseat helo would satisfy me (Tiger?). Can't wait to a three of my friends and myself in a formation flight 2x2 working as a very cohesive unit

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Problems with dual seaters is that, although some would enjoy flying with friends, some don't like (or even can't) to have someone else on the back seat messing with your helicopter.

As someone pointed out in a thread a while ago (don't remember who), it's better to wait until we get some improvements on the engine (such as collideable trees) before asking for another helicopter.

About the Tiger/Tigre, I don't think Eurocopter, or any of the Tiger operators, would give away much information about it, considering it's a very modern helicopter.

Pucará is an interesting (although not quite modern) suggestion, but the MH-6 (or even AH-6) is almost 'girly' if compared to other badass combat helicopters (:tomato:), and this whole double-seater thing might cause some trouble - specially for those who have problems with languages. This would restrict multi-player flying to only when your friends can, and can really kill it for some people (like me :().

If we're going for light-attack, A-29A (single-seater) would be a quite reasonable option (not sure about contracts). Actually, considering the back seat is for navigator or student, it wouldn't change much to have an AI sitting back there handling the maps.

But, let's face it: as EtherealN pointed out, Soviet aircraft would be the best way to please as many people as possible.

They're just so popular everyone likes them (I challenge you to name 5 people who dislike them and have good reason to do so).

I know some of us would like a Tornado or a Harrier, or a Pucará, or a Little Girl (Please read "Bird", I just don't like that toy-looking thing/helicopter-looking toy. I guess I have just been locked by some Army folks after this one :music_whistling:), or an AMX, A-29, F-5E...

Many people would be happy with these. But many wouldn't. So it's quite reasonable for ED to take the easy way and make things as they are today.

I hope we get those planes someday, but I wouldn't hold my breath until then.

• Like 1

You're right :)

However, I think it could be possible (because it was done before) to make AI copilot\gunner. The question is how to make an aircraft, which is controlled both by player and AI and how to adapt current AI to suit into that, as I don't know, if DCS engine would support that. I've got some ideas, how it could be done to work nice, sadly I'm not a modder nor a programmer and can't make them happen :(

As for language barrier in multiplayer, operational brevity words come to my mind. Afterall you don't have to discuss Shakespeare in the middle of a battle ;) The more serious problem, in my opinion, would be finding right person for the job. The way the multiplayer works, I can't imagine flying with anyone random. Flying f.e. Apache calls for cooperation and some degree of profesionalism, instead of 'flying left - shooting right'. However my brother, who is mostly FPP fan, really enjoyed being a door gunner and was surprisingly good with TADS/M230, so you never know :D

I understand, that whatever plane we discuss, there will be always one group supporting it and another unhappy with it, but I think of it as of a glass of water: for me it is half full, and not half empty ;) I'm happy just because there is a company dedicated to producing high quality sims. As for the Little Egg (or Teardroppy as we usually call it), I have to live with Ka-50 + gunpods for now ;)

Anyone here familiar with 'Vietnam Medevac'? Not a true sim, but not a silly arcade either. Certainly one of my top favourites.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Death-17

Any yahoo can fly fixed, it takes skill to fly rotor.

I'm not saying it's totally impossible, but just unpractical.

I think the AI can be implemented nicely, but with some restrictions. My true concern, however, is about the multiplayer. You have all sort of people in this community - Rambos, snipers, insane, Topper Harleys (mix of insane & Rambo :music_whistling:), Evel Knievels and everything else. Some of these don't mix. Just imagine: let's say we get DCS: Apache after the "Fighter" ("DCS: F-X" for now :D). A very professional guy, who follows checklists and manuals as bibles, joins as gunner. In the back seat, there's an Evel Knievel. Now, just picture the face of the gunner as that bridge passes right over his head with bullets going all around. Funny? Oh yeah. But not really nice for the poor gunner.

About the language problem, it isn't about discussing Shaekspeare (just imagined it... "To engage, or not to engage - That's the question"), but even the simple stuff. Accents just ruin it, and some are a bit shy on this matter. A Spanish gunner might not be able to communicate with the Russian pilot, for example.

It can be done if both know exactly how to procceed in flight and combat (what would almost cease the need for communications), but that's not always the case.

Some people don't fly with squadrons or whatsoever, so the random crew needs to be taken in account for that one, IMHO.

That's why, in a simple way, it's more practical to make: Single-seater. Multi-role. Modern. No one will dare to complain this way :)