Game does not start anymore...

mutz

Ladies  and Gents

I have a weird experience made... After installing some Liveries the sim stopt at 45% loading. Of course deinstalled immediately any new files but a message comes up, but the sim closes so fast thatyou cannot read the message... one word I got out of it was DXDIAG. I have run it but no joy, all seems ok. So I deleted the metashaders and FXO, made a repair, a clean up etc etc (playing DCS for several years now) But still no joy. And the best was... The stable version on the same PC but on another drive starts up, and when the loading bar shouls come... black screen nothing happend. I am completely lost, WIN10 is updated as well the Graphic driver. Both logs are attached. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers Mutz

Spec: Normally this should be enough to run DCS max with 60 FPS and this was the case before.

Intel i9 9900K

Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti

16 MB Ram

Dcs stable.log openbeta dcs.log

To fix your stable version, simply delete "Saved Games/DCS/Config/options.lua".

To fix your open beta version, you need to fix conflicting mods. Empty your "Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods" folder, then reinstall each mod desperately. After each installation, try to run the game.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

16 hours ago, Flappie said:

To fix your open beta version, you need to fix conflicting mods. Empty your "Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods" folder, then reinstall each mod desperately. After each installation, try to run the game.

ok Stable is up and running, thanks for the quick help.

Openbeta stil no joy. Have everything removed... still 45% CTD. £I added the Log but I do not have a lot of hope, seems like a new installl....

dcs.log

You're still having some "Mods/tech" installed.

Try this:

1. Go to "Saved Games".
  2. Rename DCS.openbeta to "DCS.openbeta.BAK".
  3. Run the open beta: does it work, now?

If that fixes your issue, you'll want to retrieve your control bindings and maybe some other things like your SP career progress. We'll work on this once your OB is fixed.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

You're still having some "Mods/tech" installed.

Try this:

1. Go to "Saved Games".
  2. Rename DCS.openbeta to "DCS.openbeta.BAK".
  3. Run the open beta: does it work, now?

If that fixes your issue, you'll want to retrieve your control bindings and maybe some other things like your SP career progress. We'll work on this once your OB is fixed.

Thanks a lot for your help, Openbeta was lost due to SSD issue, had nothing to do with DCS. Sorry for bothering you with this. Hope I can repair the disc and then a new install.

Thanks any way. Stable was saved :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2022 at 11:57 PM, Flappie said:

For me actually also open beta worked, when just deleted options.lua ... DCS loaded at start for a while, but now it works again. 🙂 I got my options.lua somehow totally messed up, after adding line for Tacview to save files to anohter folder->DCS halted at startup, black screen->viewed options.lua, only login settings were there anymore. I tried this and it worked. DCS created new file. Are control settings in different file? Somehow they survived, while every other settings reseted. (im kinda new to dcs so.. ) 

Edited by Wiggo