Mirage F1 Fighter Weapons School - training campaign 2023 +++ updated +++

Don Rudi

My "Mirage F1 Fighter Weapons School" training campaign was completely overhauled. 

It grew from 16 to 23 missions and now includes F1BE, F1CE and F1EE.

A full description can be found in the user file library

--> https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3334349/

Enjoy!

promo7.jpg

Edited by Don Rudi
Campaign udated
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 8

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

On 8/17/2022 at 8:25 AM, Don Rudi said:

Thanks so much for the encouragement Eduardo!

You are welcome, but the mission editing work was all yours 👍  ... currently I'm with very little time for DCS, so I haven't yet learned the Mirage fully, once I do I will for sure fly this Campaign. As I said on your other thread, I like the record that the Campaign keep about your progress through them .. I took it for a quick spin, just to take a look, like this:

6NdtmVX.jpg

I liked your new graphical briefing, no need to keep the PDF nearby 🙂

pSJcM3j.jpg

wCbBzvr.jpg

It seems that I'm not the only one who likes this format .. your Campaign has so far almost 200 downloads on just two days 👍

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

It seems that I'm not the only one who likes this format .. your Campaign has so far almost 200 downloads on just two days 👍

I am overwhelmed, to say the least - and it will hit the two day mark only this afternoon (CEST). 
The download numbers are a clear vote - I guess it will be the campaign that I will focus on, when Aerges release any relevant updates to the Mirage F1 🙂

Thanks again for your help, I learned a lot the last days.

Cheers
Carsten

• Like 3

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

3 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Why don't you become the first one with a DLC campaign for the F1? 🤔 😉 

Editing a payware campaign takes a lot of work and time (creating an interesting story, getting voiceactors, recording and editing the voices, etc, etc), and that time & effort is more or less the same irrespective of the aircraft, so it makes sense to do it only for the most popular aircrafts.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

8 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Editing a payware campaign takes a lot of work and time (creating an interesting story, getting voiceactors, recording and editing the voices, etc, etc), and that time & effort is more or less the same irrespective of the aircraft, so it makes sense to do it only for the most popular aircrafts.

I know I know! You're absolutely correct! I'm just putting my interest out there. 😊

On the other hand though. It seems to me that when people really get into DCS and wants to try something besides the most popular modules, they always asks about the Single Player content for XX module, paid or not. So having SP content available for a module, might even make it more popular and drive purchases. 

I usually download and purchase any campaign anyway.

Cheers! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I usually download and purchase any campaign anyway.

Me too 🙂 The only dlc campaigns that I don't have are those that have never been in sale. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

Oh men!

You will make me buy it... 

The problem is.. how to tell my wife about that fee/hole in the VISA card?

Damm it!

Saludos.

Saca11

Tell her, if you don't buy now, the hole will be a lot bigger once the early access discount is gone. So actually you save money instead of spending it 😉 

1 hour ago, Vatikus said:

I just want to say that you did a fantastic work @Don Rudi! Thank you.

Thanks so much, I am glad you enjoy it 🙂

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Why don't you become the first one with a DLC campaign for the F1? 🤔 😉 

Me? Or Eduardo?

21 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Oh! I meant you, as this is your thread and your campaign, though I'm 100% sure Eduardo could make a fantastic campaign too! 😁

Oh :D 

Funny thing is, my new years resolution for this year was "I will build a campaign!" The idea, born after consuming some high percentage beverages, was for a "payware quality F-16 campaign".

I did not imagine that I'd really get my first campaign this fast.

I wouldn't even mind the huge effort needed, as Eduardo correctly described. What would keep me from doing a paid dlc though is the maintenance. Testing it over and over again after each and every DCS update, for years - that thought scares me away.

But regardless, this training was a matter from the heart ("Herzensangelegenheit"). I love the F1 and I saw others struggling a bit, so I wanted to create some help. And this shouldn't be hidden behind a paywall.

I will certainly build a couple of real missions with full voice overs and all the fancy stuff (incase you have the Apache, you might have come across my Operation Hellenic Dawn or David's Trident). For a campaign, I'd need an initial idea 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

though I'm 100% sure Eduardo could make a fantastic campaign too!

I'm flattered, really, but I don't have an essential ingredient: an imaginative and original idea. A good DLC campaign maker is actually someone more akin to a novel writer ... and on my case, I'm more of a novel-reading than a novel-writing type 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I'm flattered, really, but I don't have an essential ingredient: an imaginative and original idea. A good DLC campaign maker is actually someone more akin to a novel writer ... and on my case, I'm more of a novel-reading than a novel-writing type 🙂

You should team up with someone! 😄 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great job for this campaign!

The Mirage F1 is my first DCS plane and it is very usefull to have more training scenario than the ones given with the plane.

I have troubles with the interception easy mission. The pdf extract displayed when entering the cockpit does not disappear when hitting the space bar. So I was not able to fly this mission.

I was not able to score in the mission dive bombing also, despite several tries. But this is probably due to my poor skills.

As I am not used to mission editor yet, I am not able to troubleshoot by my self.

Thanks

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Morskoul said:

The pdf extract displayed when entering the cockpit does not disappear when hitting the space bar

should be an easy fix, pinging @Don Rudi so that he is aware.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Morskoul said:

Great job for this campaign!

The Mirage F1 is my first DCS plane and it is very usefull to have more training scenario than the ones given with the plane.

I have troubles with the interception easy mission. The pdf extract displayed when entering the cockpit does not disappear when hitting the space bar. So I was not able to fly this mission.

I was not able to score in the mission dive bombing also, despite several tries. But this is probably due to my poor skills.

As I am not used to mission editor yet, I am not able to troubleshoot by my self.

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words.

I will have a look tomorrow, the PDF extract should dissappear after a minute. But I will check it.

• Like 1

Attention everybody - in mission 11 "Intercept easy", the briefing image overlay will not disappear when pressing spacebar (it will eventually after 120 seconds though).
This is fixed now. I uploaded both a hotfix and updated campaign to the file library.

Please download this file and simply copy it into your Fighter Weapons School campaign folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jz85Q9Emd2YSqG14Zbdjfgl7JSzoS4en/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy! 

@Morskoul

Edited by Don Rudi
added user
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the kind words.
I will have a look tomorrow, the PDF extract should dissappear after a minute. But I will check it.
It does after a while actually. But like in the others missions, just add the ability to get rid of it with the spacebar?
I also had some issues with the dive bombing mission, got hits but ended up with a tie.

Was gonna ask you about presets, but now we know why they didn't work.

Ever thought about expanding it with voice overs and such and making it a paid campaign? I would purchase it!

Pssst! That goes for you to @Rudel_chw if you were ever to make one for the Jf-17. Just giving you ideas!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Pssst! That goes for you to @Rudel_chw if you were ever to make one for the Jf-17. Just giving you ideas! emoji6.png

🙂 thanks a lot for the kind words, but it's unlikely that I will return to the Jeff anytime soon, I flew it exclusively for 6 months straight, but then moved on to other aircrafts. I'm currently learning the Mirage F1 and fly it exclusively, as my brain gets confused when trying to fly two or more aircrafts concurrently.  

At the moment, I'm having fun editing a few training missions for the F1, because I found the built-in missions lacking ... here is a glimpse:

😇 will share them once I have a full set ready.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

😇 will share them once I have a full set ready

Hehe! I've seen the viss, and I can't wait! 

I do understand about the Jeff. Makes perfect sense. I enjoyed the ones you made while they lasted. 😊 Not to hijack and derail the thread completely, apologies @Don Rudi but I would love to see some training campaigns, (like the ones Maple Flag and Baltic makes), for the "not so popular" modules. Especially with non native English accents!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

It does after a while actually. emoji4.png But like in the others missions, just add the ability to get rid of it with the spacebar?
I also had some issues with the dive bombing mission, got hits but ended up with a tie.

Was gonna ask you about presets, but now we know why they didn't work. emoji6.png

Ever thought about expanding it with voice overs and such and making it a paid campaign? I would purchase it! emoji1.png

Pssst! That goes for you to @Rudel_chw if you were ever to make one for the Jf-17. Just giving you ideas! emoji6.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I simply forgot to add the X:Start Wait User Response in the start trigger of the mission.

I will have a look at the dive bombing, but this time really tomorrow 😉

Voice overs - I am planning to do a major overhaul, when the two-seat F1BE drops. My idea is to place a virtual instructor in the backseat, who will tell you the necessary parameters during the flight to the target area. He might even take over some simple tasks like raising gear, switching radar modes, talk to ATC or the like.  

For a paid campaign, I think it would need to also include everything from start up, taxi, take off/landing etc? However I learned a lot making this campaign and I will create the same for the Kfir and G.91.

14 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I would love to see some training campaigns, (like the ones Maple Flag

My dream is to make something along the lines of the "Bulls Eye" meetings of the NATO North countries in the 70s. Only problem, I need to find a pilot who still remembers the syllabus of those events 😕

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Don Rudi said:

My idea is to place a virtual instructor in the backseat, who will tell you the necessary parameters during the flight to the target area

Great idea! 👍 .. let´s hope the BE isn't too far in the future 🙂 

• Like 2

That raises a question - currently the air to ground targets are spread over the island and are more or less real opponents.

If I turned it into a "real" training and created a range, like a mini version of Deci from Sardinia, with "artificial" targets - would that be still interesting? 

• Like 2