Would the F-84 be possible

upyr1

4 minutes ago, twistking said:

Why do you think F-105 would be impossible???

I stated the main reason would be the avionics.

26 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

I know the F-105 is probably impossible due to the avionics.

A lot of data on the Thud as well as the F-84 has been destroyed. When Fairchild bought Republic they just shredded everything. So a lot of data has to be reconstructed. The Thud had a radar bombing suite, which wasn't accurate enough for conventional weapons so it wasn't used much. So even if someone can recreate the flight data, the only documents I know exist are the flight manual and some tech orders. So we might not have enough to do it in DCS.

The Hog (F-84) on the other hand was designed at the end of World War II, and I believe Kartveli actually started the design process with a jet powered jug. 

https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.php?aircraft_id=1537 

Due to a host of reason, the jet jug wasn't feasable and quickly transformed into the F-84. I know there would need to be a new flight model but I don't know how different the weapons systems were from the Jug and F-86. Also the Hog was widely exported  so there might be some documents sitting in some foreign archives. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upyr1 said:

The Hog (F-84) on the other hand was designed at the end of World War II, and I believe Kartveli actually started the design process with a jet powered jug. 

Do you think that's what inspired Saab to make the Saab 29 Tunnan, (barrel)? 🤔 😉 

I want it! 

7 hours ago, Angelthunder said:

The F-84 Thunderstreak could be possible with the right documentation and research that ED did for the P-47D Thunderbolt.Plus it's only combat use was with the French Air Force during the Suez Canal Crisis of 1956 which is great for the upcoming Sinai Map.

I would love to have both the Thunderjet and thunderstreak 

• Like 2