Better Trees for Mariana Islands V1

image.jpeg

Better Trees Mariana Islands V1

• Flickers reduced.
  • Higher resolution diffuse textures.
  • Actual tree photos used for billboard textures.
  • Colors adjusted

DOWNLOAD

INSTALL:  Extract "Mods" folder to main DCS install folder or use mod manager

Not IC SAFE

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 20

Taz doing essential optimization.

Looks much better and life like.

One thing about fps on this map is the heavy hit from building LOD.

Recommend  turning down scenery detail factor a bit to make it smoother.

0.74 on a 3090

Edited by aceviper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any plans for further improvement by reducing their height or changing patches of them to underbrush? The trees around Andersen are so high they encroach upon the approach paths, and in real life should be knee-high shrubbery instead of trees anyways. Same for NW Field and Tinian's North Field. 

5 hours ago, Nealius said:

Any plans for further improvement by reducing their height or changing patches of them to underbrush? The trees around Andersen are so high they encroach upon the approach paths, and in real life should be knee-high shrubbery instead of trees anyways. Same for NW Field and Tinian's North Field. 

Not possible.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/2/2023 at 11:37 AM, speed-of-heat said:

what are you trying to say ? 

what the actual f* ... where's all my text gone o_O

Let me try to re-add this:

I wanted to point out that, even though all textures which are present in the original DCS zip file (for instance: "BurfordHolly_ShrubSingle.zip"), also exists in Barthek's mod. But the ones from Barthek are older. So, to me that makes this mod outdated. Maybe it's still usable and of better quality, but I don't know. I'm no texture artist.

First pic is Barthek's, second pic is 2.9.1 stable:

On 12/2/2023 at 11:03 AM, dlder said:

image.png

image.png

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 6:21 PM, dlder said:
On 12/2/2023 at 11:37 AM, speed-of-heat said:

what are you trying to say ? 

what the actual f* ... where's all my text gone o_O

Let me try to re-add this:

I wanted to point out that, even though all textures which are present in the original DCS zip file (for instance: "BurfordHolly_ShrubSingle.zip"), also exists in Barthek's mod. But the ones from Barthek are older. So, to me that makes this mod outdated. Maybe it's still usable and of better quality, but I don't know. I'm no texture artist.

First, the mod comes from Taz1004 not from Barthek. 

Second, if the mod still works and has better quality then the timestamp of the files doesn't matter. Even if ED has modified just a tiny detail within the files the timestamp is changed.

Third, if you dissatisfied with the quality of the mod you needn't to use it. If not I don't understand what's your point.

Edited by Ithronwise
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro