Black Shark and Windows 7 Beta Test.

Grale

If anybody was thinking about trying BS in the latest windows 7 beta, i can tell you it runs smooth with no issues.

I was getting 30fps with XP and 44 with Vista (dual cpu enabled)

I get a nice 47 fps with Windows 7 (dual cpu enabled) :thumbup:

Fps taken exactly same conditions..

With the beta being released to the public within the next few weeks it's worth a look, really liking it so far, nicest windows for me yet.. quick aswell

Yep Windows 7 takes advantage of multi-core CPU's much like Vista did over XP, should be good. Thanks for the info

anybody try it with a quad core? If I remember correctly Vista will only use 2 cores with BS but I think Win 7 has more multicore improvements than Vista so I'm curious if it can take advantage of additional cores.

-- CoolHand

Any Windows 7 testers?

As the beta 1 is out (soon officially :P ) It would be interesting to know if someone will try the BS on it.

W7 has better multicore managing abilities than vista, less system demands and runs better and faster.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

What drivers can you use, Vista ones?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

What drivers can you use, Vista ones?

Jepp..vista drivers work well...

Greets

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

I really believe now and hope MS won't disappoint me like it was with Vista.

When in January or February public beta will be out, I'll install it to test for games and general testing.

If Microsoft's promises are true, we will get quite good, really true successor of well done XP.

I have poor PC cos only AMD 64+ 3000+ (1 core) and 1GB RAM with GPU 7300GT, so I am very curious how system will be running.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Windows 7 will be fully compatible with Vista. Read it as: re-release or remake. :smilewink:

What he said. Windows 7 = Window Vista-a-bit-lighter. Don't believe the hype.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

If anybody was thinking about trying BS in the latest windows 7 beta, i can tell you it runs smooth with no issues.

I was getting 30fps with XP and 44 with Vista (dual cpu enabled)

I get a nice 47 fps with Windows 7 (dual cpu enabled) :thumbup:

Fps taken exactly same conditions..

With the beta being released to the public within the next few weeks it's worth a look, really liking it so far, nicest windows for me yet.. quick aswell

Can I have a system list your runing?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Sounds like I will swap XP then. Bout time too. How can I get it?

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

What he said. Windows 7 = Window Vista-a-bit-lighter. Don't believe the hype.

Very true. I also read on the M$ site somewhere that Windows 7 is Vista2 just in case you thought you could pressure Bill. I am no Vista fan or M$ fan by any means, but M$ won't roll over that easy. One word: DOS.

Edited by Icarus2

It's the Millenium edition...or was it Second Edition....

It's probably just a bunch of bugfixes and enhancements that should have been in Vista in the first place. Nothing revolutionary , just evolutionary....The days of service pack 3 or 4 are gone. They will just sell you a new OS every 2 years.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

^^^

And what a rip-off that really is... every few years you need to shell out hundreds of dollars for new OS... and it wouldn't be so bad if you had only 1 PC... most people have more than 1 PC in household now days.

No longer active in DCS...

If the Windows 7 is so good and cool I'll get it. I am waiting so many years on good successor of well done XP. Maybe finally Microsoft understood the OS shouldn't eat so much power as Vista does.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ