AI taxi over water on supercarrier

Didn't get a track because it was hours in to the mission, but AI hornet landed on supercarrier and taxied over water. Didn't fall, it just hovered over the water and taxied back on to the deck. Couldn't reproduce yet, will update if i get to reliably happen.

Screen_220821_001605.png

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

8 hours ago, buur said:

I saw this once when I had modified the RunwaysAndRoutes.lua.
Do you have changed something in this file?

Nope, nothing like that.

Managed to reproduce this few times. For this bug to happen it would seem to require the AI to have a long landing and end up quite far on the deck, this bug happened more often when i made the AI plane overweight for landing and/or put in some wind conditions not suitable for landing and did it over and over again until he got wire #3 or #4 and ended up in the positions shown in these pics, both times he taxied over water afterwards.

Not sure if it was just luck, but i never managed to reproduce this bug on an empty deck, when it happens there was always another plane on the deck taking off or waiting to get on the cat.

Maybe a pathfinding problem on specific part of the deck? Suggest prevent AI having long landings (force jettison or fuel dump before landing?) or find out what the pathfinding issue is.

Track attached.

I also ran into another bug when troubleshooting this. When AI had a long landing like this but decided to turn right instead of taxiing over water and there was a plane on CAT2 ready to take off, he would turn right and just ram into the plane on the CAT damaging both planes.

Screen_220823_022347.jpg

Screen_220823_022444.jpg

Screen_220823_022511.jpg

carrier bug 3.trk

Edited by Grodin
  • Thanks 1

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

• 2 weeks later...