Calling Inbound to Carrier

Str][ker

When I am in an F-18 and have the aircraft carrier channel selected and I use the Vaicom Pro command "inbound", the voice which plays only states the specifics such as fuel, altitude, etc. It does not read the full text which is played when I use the menu. The full text is still displayed though. The voice is different sounding as well.

Example:

The text will read "Marshal, 301, Marking mom's 248, angels 3.0, flight of 2, low state 5.9."

The voice will only say "301, 248, 3.0 5.9" or something along those lines. Is there a way to get the full statement in voice?

Thanks in advance

On 8/22/2022 at 12:42 AM, Str][ker said:

When I am in an F-18 and have the aircraft carrier channel selected and I use the Vaicom Pro command "inbound", the voice which plays only states the specifics such as fuel, altitude, etc. It does not read the full text which is played when I use the menu. The full text is still displayed though. The voice is different sounding as well.

Example:

The text will read "Marshal, 301, Marking mom's 248, angels 3.0, flight of 2, low state 5.9."

The voice will only say "301, 248, 3.0 5.9" or something along those lines. Is there a way to get the full statement in voice?

Thanks in advance

Instead of calling "Inbound", try: "Marking moms"

I could be wrong here, but iirc, using the "marking moms" call has different functionality than using the regular "inbound" call.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

youre absolutely right, to explain, its actually that the carriers are not always the same.   

See, the 'supercarrier' requres totally different radio calls than the normal carrier, and it gets confusing because a map-editor can name the carrier whatever they want, so you dont really truly know if a carrier is the classic one (requiring simply "Inbound" and just "request landing" afterward) or the new supercarrier ("Inbound for carrier" or "Marking Moms", followed by "See you at ten" and then "Hornet ball" etc. ) until you try it.  

Actually, im not entirely sure how a supercarrier responds to you if you dont own the module, does it maybe not respond ? possibly

I did try Marking Mom's and that didn't work. I tried carrier inbound and that had the same result where it does not fully state the inbound information. 

I have only been attempting this on a Super Carrier. All other calls work when I am interacting with the Carrier ATC (CASE I and CASE III). The only thing which doesn't is the initial inbound call and it's annoying. I submitted a support request to the email provided by Vaicom Pro but I never received any acknowledgement or answer so I guess they aren't actively supporting this product any more?

Lastly, I own all modules in Vaicom Pro and I also own Super carrier in DCS. I think this is a minor bug to be addressed as it's mostly cosmetic. I just like to hear the full call while flying and when I record my flying, it sounds crappy when it's just numbers being read so I sometimes resort to using the Options voice command to step through the communications menu to do a proper inbound call.