The VIACOMPRO plugin creates a DCS directory in saved games when I am using Open Beta

mmcintosh

The title pretty much says it all. I know at some point I changed my saved games folder and I did use the move function. I was having issues with where DCS thought the saved games folder was and I was able to correct that using the dcs_variant.txt file. Now whenever I start VoiceAttack and bring up the VIACOMPRO configuration it is creating a DCS directory in my saved games folder. This seems to break VIACOMPRO in DCS even though the export is setup and VIACOMPRO shows in DCS.

I uploaded images of my Saved Games before and after loading the VIACOMPRO configuration dialog, the dialog itself on the Config tab and the registry setting for DCS.

Thanks!!

Saved Games After.jpg

Saved Games before.jpg

VIACOMPRO config.jpg

DCS Registry.jpg

Asus ROG HERO / i9-13900K / 6GHZ /32GB DDR5 6400/ Asus RTX 3090 Ti OC / Samsung SSDs - 2*990 Pro 2TB / PiMax 8KX HMD / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + 4 MFDs + Logitech Rudders on Next Level Racing Rig with Buttkicker Gamer Plus

If you ever installed a release version using the DCS installer then you may have a registry key for the release version. If so, then VAICOM will see that and try to install its files for that version, even if you no longer have that version installed. These won't be used for anything and so this shouldn't affect operation or performance but if it annoys you I recommend finding the registry key and deleting it. I'm at work and forget the exact path in the registry to that key, but it's not hard to find. There is a separate registry key for the open beta version. Don't delete that one! They are both in an Eagle Dynamics section of the registry.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

And it is Vaicom Pro, not Viacom!

:renske:

• Thanks 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|