Detailed representation of the USS Tarawa (LHA-1), lead ship of her class.

Isaac

The title line says it all, I think that now that we have the beloved AH64D block 2 Apache Longbow it would be cool to have the Tarawa asset separated as a new independent product, much like the super-carrier or as part of your fantastic South Atlantic map.

Just my two cents...

Isaac

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

I think that ... it would be cool to have the Tarawa asset separated as a new independent product, much like the super-carrier or as part of your fantastic South Atlantic map.

Not sure what you are asking for but if it's for the removal of Razbam's free KC-130, KC-135MPRS and LHA Tarawa assets (that are freely available to all DCS players), so they can be sold as paid DLC ?

I hope it never happens. I honestly feel assets like these should be part of the base game and available to all (not locked behind a paywall).

IIRC Razbam have said they might add a paid LHD but without a realistic AWLS or battle group ARG/MEU assets, to me it feels like "nickel and diming" and just another way to split the player/server base.

LHD_ARG_MEU.jpg

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hi Everyone!

Sorry, I thought the LHA Tarawa was part of the Harrier module (mislead due to being mentioned as part of the features of that particular module).

On a quick turn of this topic, under what class can be found the LHA Tarawa? (I don't see it under "ships") or maybe I shall install something first?

Sorry for the confusion

Isaac

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Isaac said:

under what class can be found the LHA Tarawa? (I don't see it under "ships")

You should find the Tarawa under "Ships > USA > All --> LHA-1 Tarawa"

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks Ramsay! much appreciated.  Unfortunately does not seem to be the case for my mission editor, see attached:
Please note that the map is South Atlantic and also that I'm using the beta no the final... may that be the reason?
null

image.png

5 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Thanks Ramsay! much appreciated.  Unfortunately does not seem to be the case for my mission editor, see attached:
Please note that the map is South Atlantic and also that I'm using the beta no the final... may that be the reason?
null

image.png

By the looks of it you've got historical mode on, with the year set to 2022, as the Tarawa was decomissioned in 2009 it doesn't appear.

Try clicking the little watch icon on the bottom tab of the mission editor, or try setting the year to within the Tarawa's real life timeframe.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

12 hours ago, Isaac said:

yikes! 😅 Thanks a lot Northstar98 from now on I will not ever forget what is the purpose of the little watch icon! 🙂

Sorry to the rest of the community for spamming this thread.

Isaac

Nah, you’re alright 🙂 It’s a pretty common occurrence because it’s fairly easy to miss.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 4:32 PM, MAXsenna said:

To be honest I've not heard anything about it for a long time. Crossing my fingers though.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Ok I was misinterpreting your "might get". So it is like a "I hope it might get".

I also hope the same. But I fear it will not happen, because people who bought the SC then might feel 'betrayed', as this (any) feature will then be free on the Forrestal (or Tarawa in that sense).
Personally I don't care, I love to see DCS grow with me having the role as a paying customer. Heck I bought the Apache without ever using it till now and was aware of it, I was not even hyped. (I should file it as donation in the tax 🧐 😂 )
Also I think it could be solved by just having a smaller set of features like having deck crew and maybe elevators (spawning under deck), but omitting the LSO and briefing room plus other future playable stations as SC-only feature, for the hardcore Enterprise-Class fans.

Other people might think differently...

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/25/2022 at 3:39 PM, Isaac said:

Hi Everyone!

Sorry, I thought the LHA Tarawa was part of the Harrier module (mislead due to being mentioned as part of the features of that particular module).

On a quick turn of this topic, under what class can be found the LHA Tarawa? (I don't see it under "ships") or maybe I shall install something first?

Sorry for the confusion

Isaac

The Tarawa is quite usable without the Harrier. So the Tawara is fine just where it is. I'd have no problem if we got more amphibious warfare ships though I would rather have some sort of task force commander module over a paid asset 

On 8/25/2022 at 2:06 PM, Ramsay said:

Not sure what you are asking for but if it's for the removal of Razbam's free KC-130, KC-135MPRS and LHA Tarawa assets (that are freely available to all DCS players), so they can be sold as paid DLC ?

I hope it never happens. I honestly feel assets like these should be part of the base game and available to all (not locked behind a paywall).

IIRC Razbam have said they might add a paid LHD but without a realistic AWLS or battle group ARG/MEU assets, to me it feels like "nickel and diming" and just another way to split the player/server base.

LHD_ARG_MEU.jpg

Agreed- if RAZBAM is consdering a paid LHD since I think ship modules aren't going to happen then I would like it to be part of a large amphibious asset pack 

• Like 1