Suddenly all MP doesnt work

Whistler_RIO

I have been running Vaicom and AIRIO/Kneeboard/Chatter for years, and its worked really solid until 3 days ago (curiously, before this last patch yesterday!), when all multiplayer fails.  Everything working perfectly in all forms of SinglePlayer gameplay, but all , even my own squadron's server, all of which worked before, i get working recognition in VoiceAttack but no send to DCS, a "AIRIO not available" message if applicable, and also no kneeboard.   

I can jump out of MP into any SP and all instantly functions.
Have tried toggling 'Use with multiplayer" and restarting a few times. (this was never disabled before. always worked. btw i use DXLink in parallel broadcast mode)

Through the years, i have debugged Vaicom through many installs and i even help my squadron-mates and have just never seen it behave like this. usually it fails or it doesnt, but why only on MP servers, every single one of them? its just so odd!

Thanks for any help you guys can provide o7

Export.lua below:

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])
pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Well, if you're 💯 nothing else but the patch happened/changed, it seems kind of obvious. But we should see more reports. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

If it works for others, hopefully it still supports MP, and there is just one silly thing that needs fixing/change, but I cannot really think of what. But haven't done MP in years though. 

But it begs the question. You DID shut down VA before the update, and you DID start VA before you started DCS after the update? VAICOM doesn't like it other ways. 😉

That is why i mentioned it (perhaps unclearly). this issue showed up a few days before the patch.   And its just so strange that only MP have a complete disabling of all vaicom extensions, while everything works perfectly in SP!  (tbh i dont even need vaicom for MP often except with F14 Tomcat solo flights which rely on AIRIO and have no wheel-menu graceful fallback when failing, so lately im just flying Viper online). 

i have never understood the whole 'did you shut down VA for the patch' thing actually.  who is running all their scripts during updates? you guys dont shut all this down to sleep your computer each night? anyways, my update routine is
1) OVGME and disable all
2) shut down Vaicom (i run the executable version which manages VA on its own), JetSeat simshaker, SRS, and DCSFlightPanels .
3) apply update

4) start once without anything turned on and no mods to confirm no issues. reboot the computer.

5) enable OVGME mods,   then start in order (which is how i start every new session really) with  SRS, Vaicom, SimShaker, DCSFlightPanels, then boot the game.

Haha! Thanks. I read it several times. I see what you mean now. VAICOM does change files in the core. And it seems they get "corrupted" during updates, and VAICOM wants to start first to fix them. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Well, at this point I would do your routine, but instead of updating, I would do a slow repair. (I obviously use Skatezilla's app, so I always have control of updates/repairs). 

Now, sorry for misunderstanding you. But a while back, (a year ago?), there was a person with your exact same problem, (that's why I tried to read it several times, to make sure it happened after the update 🤦🏼‍♂️).

I don't remember if it was ever solved, so I ping @sthompson He might.

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Is it recognizing your module on the PTT page? Have you tried different modules? I do not recall the specific thread that @MAXsennamentioned. Unfortunately it's difficult to debug without source code, and only @Hollywood_315has access to that. Too bad he has been AWOL for months now. To get help here you will need to provide some more information to get us started. Is anything unusual appearing in the VAICOM log (with debug turned on of course, and be sure to show the startup sequence). You might also look for any issues in the DCS log. Also, think hard about what else might have changed. Update to the firewall? Windows update?  Sorry I can't be of more help.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

1 hour ago, sthompson said:

Is it recognizing your module on the PTT page? Have you tried different modules? I do not recall the specific thread that @MAXsennamentioned. Unfortunately it's difficult to debug without source code, and only @Hollywood_315has access to that. Too bad he has been AWOL for months now. To get help here you will need to provide some more information to get us started. Is anything unusual appearing in the VAICOM log (with debug turned on of course, and be sure to show the startup sequence). You might also look for any issues in the DCS log. Also, think hard about what else might have changed. Update to the firewall? Windows update?  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Good question.  the PTT page , which behaves normally and always has, does NOT show the selected aircraft, and only during MP sessions. When not in MP everything works perfectly. Maybe this is an SRS conflict somehow?  ill have to see if a recent update to SRS is somehow conflicting.  (note: i run SRS whether im playing MP or SP having it booted before starting the game always)

I am also a developer and agree that source code would really help debugging this, but at least we have the LUA code which shows whats going on. Its very elegant and reliable, but it also juggles a few third-party elements that really need hands-on tweeking sometimes (like that 'fix registry' checkbox in options. ugh...).  The value returned for the cost of Vaicom is so good that i just dont complain but i really wish this werent all so locked-up.  

hey thanks for your insights and ideas. ill report back to this thread if i find the issue (and i always do i guess).  The nuclear option of cleaning out DCS to reset the exports stack always works as a last resort.

hmm...there was a large update for Windows 11 about 3 or 4 days ago.  good suggestion that i take a look at any changes to firewall and etc.  maybe whitelist the internal non-routable IPs used for the scripts.  thanks!

Edited by Whistler_RIO