First In, Weasels Over Syria

ChillNG

Edit - slight change to the campaign title

Introducing First in Weasels Over Syria - an in development Wild Weasel campaign for DCS F-16C Viper!

Set during the 'Operation Cerberus North' story-line, FIWOS will put you into the shoes of a Wild Weasel pilot with the 79th Fighter Squadron as they deploy to support the efforts of the Joint Syrian Task Force in establishing air dominance over northern Syria.

As with all campaigns by Ground Pounder Sims, this campaign will feature a custom built ATC system, a complex and engaging story, extensive campaign documentation and highly immersive mission design that will react to your approach and allow multiple ways of completing missions.

The completed campaign will also feature the 'Weasel System' - a comprehensive air defense network built into every mission,  this system covers dozens of fixed and mobile SAM sites and hundreds of pieces of AAA , all tied into a reactive network that brings units online as you enter their area of responsibility.  The Weasel system also includes an electronic attack capability to offer jamming support to the Weasels and many SAM sites have weaknesses built in to every mission, that can be learned and exploited. 

The Weasel system will allow a blending of complex story led missions with dynamic threat behavior, and will push DCS Viper pilots to the limit as they learn to adapt, improvise and overcome in a high threat environment.

YGBSM!

Edited by ChillNG
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

And i think you also you are creating something that doesn't really have an equal currently in DCS.Most viper campaigns are either CAS/Strike Campaigns or strickly A2A . Having a SEAD Campaign is really refreshing as the F-16C is well suited to it . +1 , can't wait to play it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Raviar said:

looks nice, looking forward to it, but I believe the LAU-88 never used to carry AGM-65 in Combat missions on Viper, Due to drag, inefficiency and weight 

Thanks for the info, I'll give it some thought.  I'm not always looking for total realism - just like to be in the ballpark.  Can be a tricky balance between exacting real world load outs and offering plenty of game play options.

• Like 2

I'm really excited for this campaign. Not only do we desperately need a high-quality SP campaign for the Viper, it's also the SEAD/ DEAD mission I was truly itching for, even before reading Hampton's book, but even more so after I've read it. 

Especially after having played the great Cerberus North campaign (where I'm still stuck in part 2 of the final mission; I get shot down every time 🙈, no matter what I'm doing. 😂), with itscustom ATC. And now you're adding custom IADS to this upcoming one? Instant purchase!

Edited by Jayhawk1971

52 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

I'm really excited for this campaign. Not only do we desperately need a high-quality SP campaign for the Viper, it's also the SEAD/ DEAD mission I was truly itching for, even before reading Hampton's book, but even more so after I've read it. 

Especially after having played the great Cerberus North campaign (where I'm still stuck in part 2 of the final mission; I get shot down every time 🙈, no matter what I'm doing. 😂), with itscustom ATC. And now you're adding custom IADS to this upcoming one? Instant purchase!

Thanks, it's certainly going to be fun, got lots of exciting ideas.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Thanks for the info, I'll give it some thought.  I'm not always looking for total realism - just like to be in the ballpark.  Can be a tricky balance between exacting real world load outs and offering plenty of game play options.

thats true, it is very tricky, but anyhow I am looking forward to it 🍻

• Thanks 1

Fantastic news, ChillNG. Cerberus North is up there at the apex of campaign quality for me. It's the closest I've come in DCS to feeling like part of a larger war, instead of each side having five aircraft in total. That the politics were so nuanced and well-written, the missions so thrillingly designed, and the details so finely honed - very impressive stuff. Can't wait for your new campaign.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AngelAtTheTomb said:

Fantastic news, ChillNG. Cerberus North is up there at the apex of campaign quality for me. It's the closest I've come in DCS to feeling like part of a larger war, instead of each side having five aircraft in total. That the politics were so nuanced and well-written, the missions so thrillingly designed, and the details so finely honed - very impressive stuff. Can't wait for your new campaign.

Thank you very much!

• ChillNG changed the title to First In, Weasels Over Syria

I can't wait for this one. I love the viper, and I love your work with Cerberus and Iranian Freedom. Got a ballpark ETA for us? And how's the Harrier one coming along? Looking forward to that one too 😄

Edited by schurem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

1 hour ago, schurem said:

I can't wait for this one. I love the viper, and I love your work with Cerberus and Iranian Freedom. Got a ballpark ETA for us? And how's the Harrier one coming along? Looking forward to that one too 😄

Harrier is nearly done, should be wrapped up in October at some point, just working on the last mission now.  For the Viper rough ETA is second half of next year.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Check out my YouTube channel for this early preview of my in development F-16 campaign, First In - Weasels Over Syria.

In this video I discuss the design philosophy behind the campaign and how I intend to bring this specialized role alive through blending scripted story driven missions with dynamic game-play systems.

• Like 4

We (lone wolf players) badly needs some campaing for the Viper, Thank you!

Any idea of the release date/period? The hype is already killing me...

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

39 minutes ago, LordOrion said:

We (lone wolf players) badly needs some campaing for the Viper, Thank you!

Any idea of the release date/period? The hype is already killing me...

Second half of next year is a very loose working estimate at the moment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

Second half of next year is a very loose working estimate at the moment. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

If you're not part of my Discord, you should be...you can grab mission 1 of First In - Weasels Over Syria as an early demo right now!

https://discord.gg/F6x7G4buJk

Great! I will take a look at it ASAP!

• Thanks 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

I have not played the test mission (not having learned the Viper yet) but the campaing and mission Docs that come with it....OMG! They themselves are already a piece of art!

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

1 hour ago, TimSell75 said:

I have not played the test mission (not having learned the Viper yet) but the campaing and mission Docs that come with it....OMG! They themselves are already a piece of art!

Thanks!  Best get studying the Viper 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Milan_ said:

I finally managed it to accomplish the mission and again, this is really great. Wanted to ask you if it would be okay, to make a cinematic about it on my YT channel. 3-4 minutes long I would think. 

https://youtube.com/@roter_milan

Greetings Milan 

Yes absolutely, would be quite happy for you to do so.

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1