'First In, Weasels Over Syria' by Ground Pounder Sims - A new campaign in development

ChillNG

Introducing 'First in, Weasels Over Syria', an in development Wild Weasel campaign for DCS F-16C Viper!

Set during the 'Operation Cerberus North' story-line, FIWOS will put you into the shoes of a Wild Weasel pilot with the 79th Fighter Squadron as they deploy to support the efforts of the Joint Syrian Task Force in establishing air dominance over northern Syria.

As with all campaigns by Ground Pounder Sims, this campaign will feature a custom built ATC system, a complex and engaging story, extensive campaign documentation and highly immersive mission design that will react to your approach and allow multiple ways of completing missions.

The completed campaign will also feature the 'Weasel System' - a comprehensive air defense network built into every mission,  this system covers dozens of fixed and mobile SAM sites and hundreds of pieces of AAA , all tied into a reactive network that brings units online as you enter their area of responsibility.  The Weasel system also includes an electronic attack capability to offer jamming support to the Weasels and many SAM sites have weaknesses built in to every mission, that can be learned and exploited. 

The Weasel system will allow a blending of complex story led missions with dynamic threat behavior, and will push DCS Viper pilots to the limit as they learn to adapt, improvise and overcome in a high threat environment.

YGBSM!

Edited by ChillNG
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, unlikely_spider said:

I don't know how to fly the F-16 yet, but I will buy this campaign and learn. Your other campaigns are very well done.

Thanks, I'm still learning the Viper but loving it so far, highly recommended.

Just now, SickSidewinder9 said:

That looks cool!
Wait, do paid campaigns have cut scenes?  It seems like DCS doesn't support cut scenes.

Some of them have you passively following another plane/truck/etc in third person while music or dialog plays. So same thing kind of.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

2 hours ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

That looks cool!
Wait, do paid campaigns have cut scenes?  It seems like DCS doesn't support cut scenes.

I've also used links to YouTube videos as well in Persian Freedom, but no we don't have proper cut scenes.  The ability to embed video in the mission would be awesome though.

3 hours ago, Hellbat said:

This sounds awesome.  I've been waiting so long for another F-16 campaign.  Do you have an approximate ETA?

Still a long way out unfortunately, rough eta right now would be second half of next year.

• Like 2

• ChillNG changed the title to 'First In, Weasels Over Syria' by Ground Pounder Sims - A new campaign in development
  • 1 month later...
On 8/25/2022 at 7:16 PM, ChillNG said:

Introducing 'First in, Weasels Over Syria', an in development Wild Weasel campaign for DCS F-16C Viper!

Set during the 'Operation Cerberus North' story-line, FIWOS will put you into the shoes of a Wild Weasel pilot with the 79th Fighter Squadron as they deploy to support the efforts of the Joint Syrian Task Force in establishing air dominance over northern Syria.

As with all campaigns by Ground Pounder Sims, this campaign will feature a custom built ATC system, a complex and engaging story, extensive campaign documentation and highly immersive mission design that will react to your approach and allow multiple ways of completing missions.

The completed campaign will also feature the 'Weasel System' - a comprehensive air defense network built into every mission,  this system covers dozens of fixed and mobile SAM sites and hundreds of pieces of AAA , all tied into a reactive network that brings units online as you enter their area of responsibility.  The Weasel system also includes an electronic attack capability to offer jamming support to the Weasels and many SAM sites have weaknesses built in to every mission, that can be learned and exploited. 

The Weasel system will allow a blending of complex story led missions with dynamic threat behavior, and will push DCS Viper pilots to the limit as they learn to adapt, improvise and overcome in a high threat environment.

YGBSM!

Very cool! When will it be available?

Will it use the horrible wingman AI as support or can it be flown COOP?

1 hour ago, b0bl00i said:

Its a long way away yet, second half of next year is the current ETA.  It won't be Co-op as no DLC campaigns can be currently.  Like all my campaigns it will use AI controlled through the F10 menu, which gives me full control over the AI and stops the dodgy behavior you normally see.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Check out my YouTube channel for this early preview of my in development F-16 campaign, First In - Weasels Over Syria.

In this video I discuss the design philosophy behind the campaign and how I intend to bring this specialized role alive through blending scripted story driven missions with dynamic game-play systems.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...