I use an Xbox controller with the Apache, and it works fine. But, one issue is not loading automatically

I use a USB Xbox controller with the Apache, and it works fine. But, one issue is not loading automatically. I have to load it by doing a re-scan after I am in DCS. The column is not there in controls until I do a rescan for devices. I thought it was loading with windows, but now I just don't it until I add it after starting DCS, and adding it back into contollers. I don't have to alter the controls though, they are already set and saved. All my other controls come up when DCS is started. Thanx.

update, I only forgot to load the Xbox app, I had changed it do it didn't start with windows. I should have remembered I made a post and didn't correct it until now.

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 2 months later...

Bump OP

I got same issue. 

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

On 8/26/2022 at 7:39 AM, Ramstein said:

I have to load it by doing a re-scan after I am in DCS. The column is not there in controls until I do a rescan for devices.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:39 AM, Chic said:

I got same issue. 

Wireless controller? If so on your PC, press the Start button , select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth, choose xbox adaptive controller, and then select Remove device. Make sure Bluetooth is On, then select Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth and choose Xbox Adaptive Controller from the list. Restart your PC

wired device Try https://windowsreport.com/xbox-one-controller-usb-device-not-recognized-windows-10/

Outside chance .... make sure usb is not set to sleep https://support.shift4.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038751374-Disable-USB-Sleep-Settings

Edited by Dallas88B

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

guess I didn't state the controller issue, I thought about it and not long after I remembers I didn't have my XBox app starting with windows anymore. To run the controller that must be running. I forgot to I had remember shortly after I had forget about saying it here in my post.

• Thanks 1

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Already checked USB status.  The linked article for wired device should resolve the prob. Will try it out soon. 
Thanks loads. 

Edited by Chic
  • Like 1

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 4 weeks later...

Hope I made it clear, the problem was the app not loaded. it has the driver stuff for the XBox one controller. Fixed thanx.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

ok, I am going to get a new Xbox controller to replace my Xbox One controller pad. Mine is USB, to replace it which one would be best for il-2 and DCS, which will supplement my Warthog HOTAS ? i.e. : wireless? different buttons ,layout, etc..? I am not real familiar with any others.. Thanx.

Update, only issue is the primary triggers cannot be added, but apparently that is the XBox side of the issue, not DCS.

Edited by Ramstein

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

You can’t really find an Xbox controller that has different button options. At least, I haven’t found one.

The model I have has the 4 extra finger paddles that you snap onto the bottom, but they aren’t really extra buttons, you can just assign them to emulate any of the other existing buttons on the controller. 😕

I know several people that have issues with their wireless controller going to “sleep” on them, so I’m a fan of a wired controller.