DCS Newsletter discussion August 26th 2022 - DCS Top end Australia | Open beta updates | Enigma server

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

DCS Newsletter discussion August 26th 2022 - DCS Top end Australia | Open beta updates | Enigma server

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to DCS Newsletter discussion August 26th 2022 - DCS Top end Australia | Open beta updates | Enigma server

Top End Austraila- never saw that one coming. Had all my bitcoin on the  Isle of Man and a bit of Blackpool Map. 

• Like 4

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Ahh, I don't see the point of having N. Australia, even less than NTTR...

• Like 11

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I think ED is making progress here. Normaly they release planes without context, now they release a map without any kind of context.

🤣

• Like 11

forum.png

With this map I'll be on hold on position ;), but what about more anticipated and needed map - DCS: Vietnam ??? 💪

It could be first day purchase for many.

yes.gif

We are asking about it from years :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

F-5, F-4, MiG-21, A-7, A-6, MiG-17 etc ..... you have or will have stuff for this map, so why no any news about it still ?  :poster_oops:

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Ahh, I don't see the point of having N. Australia, even less than NTTR...

I really like the NTTR map. I can understand why some other's might not, but I love it.

Australia is a surprise. I admit to having a laugh when I read that. When's it due, Q3 2026? 😁

• Like 9

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Top end of Australian map!?😶

I do not know if it would even the pay value than Nevada NTTR. I have  the Nevada map...its a famous place, well known for Red Flag campaigns at the very least. But just the Top end of Australia map...😐

I was hoping for some ME/Iraq or Vietnam map.

• Like 5

Don't get me wrong, NTTR is the best performing map out there. Super smooth frame rate. A must have if you wish to be a Top Gun. The thing is, I really do not see the point of having this map, or may be it is just me...

• Like 3

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

29 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Does the OZ map include Timor/ parts of Indonesia? That would kind of increase it's playing-value by a lot.

I would rather the inclusion of Coral Sea area, at least there is some historical context.

• Like 3

If the goal is a world map and they have a team ready to do Australia, then why wait? You may not be excited but, I bet the Australian fan base is extactic to have a map they can relate too.

Edited by Repth
  • Like 6

There is nothing wrong with an Australian map, especially considering the tension between there and China.

Maps likely aren't picked at random either, if we're getting Australia over Vietnam I'd bet part of the reason is that it's easier to make an Australian map.

• Like 5

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

This is really a surprise….

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - CH-47F - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Maps and modules are all over the place in this simulator, i know its dcs WORLD but still. At least that Enigma multiplayer server might be the first iteration of dynamic campaign. That's the only thing that i need and vulcan.

About the maps we have plenty of them already, as mention many times by others we need Vietnam and Korea for current period and for Mig-15 vs Sabre. I don't have any idea what i would do in Australia map, for training i have Nevada.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kayos said:

Don't see a point in this map.

Besides the on going tensions between Australia and China:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/aukus-submarine-deal-uk-australia-us-china/ca83691b-c5c5-4969-bc60-3f597e1aeea7

There has been historical tension between Australia and Indonesia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia–Indonesia_relations

It's not like nothing is happening over in that part of the world. Even without these things, it's a landmass of a nation that has used various DCS modules (Sabre, Hornet, Mustang). It's not some random location in the middle of nowhere.

DCS is coming out with too many maps now.  They should just stop until they have the world done.

This doesn't make any sense. Maps sell and some people want more variety. How close is the world to being done anyway? No one knows.

And where is a Vietnam map?

As I said before, that may not even be possible to do well currently.

• Like 6

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I get the sense that if a third-party developer can meet the technical and quality requirements, they can create a map of just about anywhere in the world as far as ED is concerned. That's not a bad thing of course, assuming it does not tax ED resources, as in the end the DCS community will vote with its wallets. If someone wants to make a West Virginia/Kentucky map to recreate the war of the Hatfields and the McCoys, I guess we'll have the option to buy one.

I wonder to what extent the success of the South Atlantic map is driving third party developers to take more leaps of faith on passion projects. I was very dubious of that one when it was announced, but it wound up being a day one purchase for me. 

• Like 3