Air Refueling Probe Light Switch

lwalter

Where is it in the cockpit?

I can bind it in the Control Options and it turns on/off a light next to the Air Refueling Probe, but I can't find an actual switch in the cockpit corresponding to this command.

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

It may be the AUX light, next to the position and beacon switches (left console).

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

7 hours ago, Tiger-II said:

It may be the AUX light, next to the position and beacon switches (left console).

I thought of this one too, but the AUX light is an additional TAXI light. It's different from the Air Refueling Problem Light.

Actually, I read this in the AV8 manual worked on by Baltic Dragon

6.3.1.3 Air Refueling Probe Light. It is located on the AAR Probe and automatically turns on whenever the Air Refueling Switch is set to OUT and exterior master light switch is in EXT LT. It is used during night air refuelling to illuminate the refuelling probe and drogue.

Very strange that there's a binding and that this binding even works... if the light is turning on automatically...

Edited by lwalter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Seems the binding is at fault.

From the info I have it is tied only to the EXT LIGHT master switch, and when it is ON and the probe is extended, the boom light illuminates.

As you state, AUX light is for the secondary landing light and is ON only when the EXT LIGHT master is ON, gear is DOWN, and AUX is set to ON.

Edited by Tiger-II
  • Thanks 2

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."