[NO BUG] Navigation fix using radar not possible.

Gronank

Reproduction:

1. In navigation mode, press OBL on the PCA. Radar enters TAS mode, target diamond and range que appears on HUD, all expected.

2. Trigger the fix using the "Magic Slave/AG Designate/INS Position Update" button. VAL and REC buttons lights up as expected.

3. Select pho/theta on the PCN

=>The display shows the offset from the original waypoint to the aircraft at the time of the fix. Expected: the offset should be from the original waypoint to the point pointed to by the diamond.

In the attached track file, the expected offset is 500m at 262 degrees.

I see in the documentation that the Magic Slave button is used to do a positional fix. It certainly does this but the problem seem to be that "OBL" is simply ignored, making radar fix impossible.

oblBug.trk

Hi,

I watched your track and tried to reproduce the issue.

While the track highlight the behavior you are talking about, I was not able to reproduce the issue, even using your mission.

Are you sure you are using the "Magic Slave/AG Designate/INS Position Update" command and not the "Nav Update/Magic unlock" command ? That would explain the issue you are having.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• myHelljumper changed the title to [NO BUG] Navigation fix using radar not possible.