Mission 10 Due South Part 2

Go to solution Solved by ChillNG,

Spoiler

I really can't find the 2ndary TEL target at all, the smoke and cloud  almost completely obscures the target area from the south  west  ...  any hints

on the route out Poodle seems to take a different route out, via WP6, rather than WP8

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• Solution
1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:
  Hide contents

I really can't find the 2ndary TEL target at all, the smoke and cloud  almost completely obscures the target area from the south  west  ...  any hints

on the route out Poodle seems to take a different route out, via WP6, rather than WP8

Spoiler

If you look on the F10 map at the 150th Syrian Air Defence Regiment, this is where the target is.  The TELs are to the northwest (IIRC) of this facility.

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

I have also tried to approach the SCUDs but no luck finding them, due to the smoke mainly. I take the route from WP6, but no difference. Even I tried going low but nothing. 

I know they are there using tacview log.

Thanks!

Edited by Nahemoth
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 4:23 PM, Nahemoth said:

HI,

I have also tried to approach the SCUDs but no luck finding them, due to the smoke mainly. I take the route from WP6, but no difference. Even I tried going low but nothing. 

I know they are there using tacview log.

Thanks!

Me neither! Can’t get close enough before SAMS nail me!

13 hours ago, Nahemoth said:

Finally I managed to hit those SCUDs

Hide contents

Just approach the base from the west, and from a secure altitude launch the bombs in auto mode. Apply an early correction offset due to the computer error calculation.

Good skills! 

When you say ‘secure altitude’ do you mean say, 20k feet, or on the deck? Not sure what SAMs in area but I could not find the targets approaching at 200ft before being lit up…

• Like 1

hace 1 minuto, L4key dijo:

Good skills! 

When you say ‘secure altitude’ do you mean say, 20k feet, or on the deck? Not sure what SAMs in area but I could not find the targets approaching at 200ft before being lit up…

I mean around 12k, secure enough to avoid the MANPADS mainly (the other SAMs are supposed to be disabled with the EW flights)

• Like 2

Altitude will keep you safe from MANPADS and AAA.   To avoid the SAMs, mainly the SA10s at Damascus, you need to be in the area where the Growlers are jamming, mostly south/west of the target IIRC, if you get out of position things get dangerous quickly.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nahemoth said:

I mean around 12k, secure enough to avoid the MANPADS mainly (the other SAMs are supposed to be disabled with the EW flights)

2 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Altitude will keep you safe from MANPADS and AAA.   To avoid the SAMs, mainly the SA10s at Damascus, you need to be in the area where the Growlers are jamming, mostly south/west of the target IIRC, if you get out of position things get dangerous quickly.  

Duh, would help if I was looking in the right town… I was still looking 3000ft North of the airfield smoke! Getting ripped by unjammed SA6s & 9s 20 miles South of the proper location…

Thanks both, and once again Chris, hats off to the best campaign I have played to date. 

• Thanks 1

hace 7 minutos, L4key dijo:

Duh, would help if I was looking in the right town… I was still looking 3000ft North of the airfield smoke! Getting ripped by unjammed SA6s & 9s 20 miles South of the proper location…

Thanks both, and once again Chris, hats off to the best campaign I have played to date. 

Same happened to me!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Razor18 said:

I'm not sure I found any new target revealing after the original SCUDs with some troops around them were hit. I even looked up in TacView, after I could find the new targets for the life of me... What do I miss?

If you look at the top of this thread there's a post marked as solution (in a spoiler), that will help you find the secondary target.  If you need any more help please let me know. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2022 at 7:43 PM, Nahemoth said:

Finally I managed to hit those SCUDs

Hide contents

Just approach the base from the west, and from a secure altitude launch the bombs in auto mode. Apply an early correction offset due to the computer error calculation.

What do you mean with computer error calculation? And how do you apply an offset?

Thanks for sharing 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, chamol said:

Another mission to spot...unspotable...man pads... with only RE with a faulty calculation...shot by sams...

this is going to be fun...especially in VR.

No need to spot the MANPADS, stay high and out of their range.  First target is all based off PP coords for your JSOW so no spotting needed.  Second target is a lot harder for spotting, you need to have good SA to work out where it is.  Second task is a lot harder, deliberately so, this is why it is not mandatory to complete it.  If you have to roll in and get within MANPAD range, do it fast and with lots of flares.

Edited by ChillNG

First target does not have specific difficulties.

indeed try to complete the second task several time without success since I got shot by SA even if I am in close formation with leader to follow the same route.

I don't even know if i was able to spot the target, i definitely spotted something. One of the possible thing to do i to announce coordinates with a F10 communication if the player wishes to (pretty sure a scenaristic trick could be done to keep the immersion).

Nevertheless I have never been able to shoot to the target.  I will skip the second step...

Edited by chamol

• 1 month later...

Same for me.

When I accept the second task I get spotted by the SA-10 an shot down. There are 6 planes closer to the SA-10 but it's only shooting at me. I can't even search for the targets. 

That sucks

13 hours ago, Hudo said:

Same for me.

When I accept the second task I get spotted by the SA-10 an shot down. There are 6 planes closer to the SA-10 but it's only shooting at me. I can't even search for the targets. 

That sucks

If the SA-10 can target you then you got too far from the protective jamming by the Growlers.  Recommend staying between waypoint 6 and 7 when  searching for targets, you should be safer there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 11:10 PM, sepruda said:

What do you mean with computer error calculation? And how do you apply an offset?

Thanks for sharing 

I second that question.

I know where to find the Scuds by now, but I've had no joy in hitting anything with HT 1500 and Auto mode settings on the MK20s.

I remember that the MK20s seem to have been somewhat more accurate when I first played this campaign after it came out.

So is there any trick to it now?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One of the assumptions of the campaign is not to change the configuration of the weapons. In most missions, Mk-20s are used, which are what they are and, unfortunately, expose us to easy fire. But that's the point. 🙂