How to show tacan symbol on SA page?

dporter22

3 hours ago, BarTzi said:

So why can you see your tacan course then? Shouldn't it also be removed?

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but, when you box the TCN, you're essentially declaring that to be your "target". Target, whichever source it comes from, will be on the SA, because it's kind of tactically important thing. 

You will also observe that when you do this, your previously selected target goes "poof".

vor 2 Stunden schrieb markom:

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but, when you box the TCN, you're essentially declaring that to be your "target". Target, whichever source it comes from, will be on the SA, because it's kind of tactically important thing. 

You will also observe that when you do this, your previously selected target goes "poof".

No.. the target designation is something else. Boxing it is just the logical communication with the airplane. You don‘t designate a target with the DDI buttons except the WPDSG button which will use a selected waypoint. Would be quite a sad outcome if you sent a SLAM towards your Tacan 😄 

Generally you designate a target via your sensors, so TGP, HUD/HMD, Radar, maybe SA page in the real plane. Navigation has nothing to do with the weapons and that‘s why it‘s on another page. HSI and SA page look similar but that is all, their purpose is entirely different.