OV-10A Bronco mod by Split Air team.....and MORE

Take off from a Flat Top

Will try landing on one later.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

6 hours ago, JorgeB2 said:

Yes, I think I must do that, cause me seem to be the only one with the throttles problem.

It's a pity cause I was really interested in this mod.

Thanks.

I didn't have time to do much testing, but quickly tested in aligned mode on the runway, same problem as you, the throttles don't move with the keyboard.
I'll look more tomorrow ...

Edited by Tanuki44

22 minutes ago, Tanuki44 said:

I didn't have time to do much testing, but quickly tested in aligned mode on the runway, same problem as you, the throttles don't move with the keyboard.
I'll look more tomorrow ...

Do you have FC3 clickable cockpit mod instaled? 

Hope we can find a solution. Tomorrow I will make more tests too.

Really nice module guys. I'm really enjoying it. However, I think you have the engine controls wrong. It seems that the condition levers are being used as a prop RPM control. This is not correct. The Garrett engine basically operates at full RPM normally. Power (Torque) is varied by the power levers by changing the pitch of the props. The prop RPM is therefore a function of the power lever and not the condition lever. 

Speed Lever (SL), sometimes called the Condition Lever19 (CL) or RPMLever, basically serves one function; to select the engine operating speed. Normal Speed Lever positions are: High, Cruise, and Low. The RPM selected is according to the flight or ground condition, and once set, requires resetting only when the flight condition changes. High (100%) RPM is used for takeoff and landing, Cruise (96-97%) RPM for normal climb/cruise/ descent operations, and Low (65-73%) RPM for engine starting and ground or taxi operations.

Maybe I'm missing something since most of my turboprop experience is with the P&WC PT-6 engines and not the Garrets. 

Look at this document: https://mikeklochcfi.files.wordpress.com/2021/02/garett-engine-manual.pdf

Edited by II.JG1_Vonrd

3 hours ago, II.JG1_Vonrd said:

However, I think you have the engine controls wrong. It seems that the condition levers are being used as a prop RPM control. This is not correct

You are correct, seems DCS does not model turboprops yet, so this Mod is using the piston engine model instead. However, this Mod has a very nice propeller animation and it’s the only one that I’ve seen that attempts to mimíc the reverse pitch braking effect. 

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Tested with only this mod, it's the same problem.
I tried it with an axis control, the joysticks work perfectly.
I looked at the *.lua file, it refers to the common DCS file "Config/Input/Aircrafts/base_keyboard_binding.lua" ... 
Other binding works, but not those of the throttle ... 

Confirmed on my other PC (usually used for DCS)

Edited by Tanuki44

That OV-10 Is outstanding! Best mod in ages! Better than the MH-60 or c130 IMHO. More fun!

@crazyeddie

Are you still planing in converting the old mod skins?

Would make nice additions.

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Better than the MH-60 or c130 IMHO.

I also like this Bronco Mod, but the UH-60L had a much more extensive system’s implementation and a greater portion of the cockpit modeled, on the Bronco just the pilot position is being simulated. Hopefully it will be enhanced as the Bronco development continues 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

42 minutes ago, Urbi said:

The statement about the turboprops is not correct. All aircraft with propellers (AI) have the entry (type = "TurboProp", ) in SFM_Data.lu.

AFAIK: engine type choices include :

PISTON, TURBOPROP, TURBOJET, TURBOJET_AB, TURBOFAN, and TURBOSHAFT 

1 hour ago, Tanuki44 said:

Tested with only this mod, it's the same problem.
I tried it with an axis control, the joysticks work perfectly.
I looked at the *.lua file, it refers to the common DCS file "Config/Input/Aircrafts/base_keyboard_binding.lua" ... 
Other binding works, but not those of the throttle ... 

Confirmed on my other PC (usually used for DCS)

Same for me. Only can get the throttles working binding it to axis in my joystick small throttle. 

Try everything, taking out all mods, deleting the config... Nothing.

All other keybinds work, the problem is only the throttles. And is very umconfortable to fly with both hands in the same side.

If I find a solution I'll post it here.

IMG-20220909-124853

Hola chicos

Alguien me podrìa ayudar con esto ..?

Resulta que en el primer vuelo de prueba  no ocurriò nada pero ya me ha empezado a salir este tema y me echa para atràs  cada vez que trato de volarlo

Y me da rabia , pues es una unidad estupenda y no me hace gracia que no me deje volarla 

Gracias por la atenciòn

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GUINCHO said:

Alguien me podrìa ayudar con esto ..?

Hi. If you have the NS 430 GPS unit, disable it. Hopefully the Mod’s developer will find a way to solve this incompatibility.