OV-10A Bronco mod by Split Air team.....and MORE

24 minutes ago, Tanuki44 said:

I didn't convert the png's, but I can confirm that the time lag when loading the liveries, but it's not the only one, some mods (aircraft, tech) also have this lag.
I don't know if this has any impact once the mission starts

Thanks Tanuki44, It doesn't seem to affect the mission as such so not a big deal really, I did not see it in any other mods I use but if others are affected then it might be a recent game issue, I have noticed a couple of other small hiccups since the last update.  

Its a cracking little aircraft so I can live with it. 

Free map missions are now available:

Bronco OV-10A QuickStart Missions for Free Maps

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

OK, I am in love with this.  It'll never replace the A-4, but having a period correct AFAC, and the coming Skyraider, the world is getting better and better.

Is it perfect?  No, but hey, nothing in beta-testing phase ever is.  I am just thankful someone with the skill set to work on this is doing it.  Looking forward to having working radios.

To the guys at Split Air, merci!

2 hours ago, dali said:

hi, I have reshade installed and my fps when starting Bronco have droped to 2-3. Known issue?

I doubt it has something to do with reshade. I use reshade too, and noticed nothing weird. It eats 1-2 fps when activated (depending on the settings you use), and gives them back when deactivated.

However, the Bronco itself seems quite demanding. I have significantly less fps with it than with other aircraft. Even in the Caucasus. A loss of estimated 20-30%.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 minute ago, crazyeddie said:

I suspect most people are noticing fps drops with this mod, its got a huge texture signature which must be having an impact.

However, its early days, give the guys at Split Air time to sort these things out, they will get there.

We are all noticing how long it takes for the Bronco cockpit and then the airfield to become loaded in any mission we have it in, it also eats up about 3-5 fps online in a mission I have been running for years, when I added the Bronco in we had some FPS drops, but its a great mod and we all like flying it

• Like 1

According to a post on Discord, the cockpit texture is in 2K, so I guess this is why there is a frame rate drop.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Thanks Ed!

One more thing to do.

Take all your converted textures and zip them up.

Place ONLY the zip files in the two locations.

Re-name to what you see in this lua file.

Then, Use the entry lua below.

This is how ED does it.

The zips not only save space, It is how the sim expects to see them.

See if this helps even more.

Cheers!

LOVE the mod!

entry.zip

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Thanks 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

https://www.getpaint.net/

Get this app from the source.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Ed, Again, you save my ass from the flaming Mod wreak!😄

There was more than one error!

Corrected. Same attachment above.

Same instructions.

Names are corrected.

Taken using the above entry lua, just now.

Screen-220911-181723.png

Screen-220911-181732.png

Screen-220911-181710.png

Edited by Hawkeye60

Thanks Urbi

A couple of us had noticed the lack of wheel animation, and other small issues, we assume they will fix these things as they progress with the mod.

I understood your point about the textures but all of that is controlled by the edm and I have no access to that, so technically there is nothing I can do to fix that.  I have seen that with several new mods recently, the description.lua's are MASSIVE with many lines being duplicated multiple times, which cant help performance one bit, so yes I understand what you are saying.  Only the authors can fix that, I would not know how to fix it even if I could access it.  I wonder if its a Blender issue, but again I dont know what Software they are using so I'm just speculating.

My aim was to see if I could improve areas that I could access and I think I managed that, its just tinkering around the edges for now but at least the Split Air guys can see what issues we have identified, and that will be a good thing I'm sure. 

Nobody is reporting an improvement in performance from what I did so I guess it didnt work, so I wont bother with the liveries.

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

... Nobody is reporting an improvement in performance from what I did so I guess it didnt work, so I wont bother with the liveries.

Sorry for not reporting sooner .. on my PC the OV-10A fps remained the same after I replaced the original textures with your own, but in actual use the Mod does feel smoother, particularly when moving my virtual head inside the cockpit, so for me your Mod of the Mod is a keeper 🙂 at least until the Mod's author releases his own optimizations. Cheers.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Your mods of the mods are expired now, is there a way you can upload them again? 🙂

Another thing: is someone planning to make a green/grey Euro Camo skin for the bronco? I think they looked badass.

• Like 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR