OV-10A Bronco mod by Split Air team.....and MORE

Sorry, my bad I thought that someone was mentioning that it was one from Bat 21, regardless that would be a cool scheme to have on a bronco. 

3 hours ago, Stratos said:

The Bronco is the most similar plane we will ever get to the Cessna O-2 of Rhodesian AF, hence the paint scheme requested.

• Thanks 1

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

6 hours ago, Frag said:

Guys, is it normal that the machine gun works even with the master arms switch set to off?

No, it is probably a bug.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

There are still a couple of bugs and shortcomings. Which is expected with a V1.0 release. They will sort it out eventually. Also there are still some features, I would like to see personally. Ejection is still pretty funny. It would be nice to open the canopy. The clickable cockpit is still a bit lacking... and probably most important a reasonable damage model.

But I enjoy it nevertheless already. It is a lot of fun to fly. One of the most relaxing aircrafts to just fly around and do patterns in.

I am patient and will be happy when further improvement arrives!

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

..,It is a lot of fun to fly. One of the most relaxing aircrafts to just fly around and do patterns in…

Amen to that. Took it for a quick spin this morning. Pure joy to fly.

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 9/20/2022 at 11:30 PM, EvilBert VR said:

Nothing wrong on my end.

Hi all

NOTE: Posted also in the general Bug section.

My DCS crashes after a Bronco crash into terrain.

I can fly and land the plane but if I crash it, DCS crashes too.

Bronco V1.0

Is this a Bronco Bug?

Best regards, Grippen7

1 hour ago, Grippen7 said:

Is this a Bronco Bug?

I have crashed mine a couple of times and DCS didn't crash, so probably not. Can you attach your dcs.log file to look for more clues?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

21 minutes ago, Grippen7 said:

Hi all

NOTE: Posted also in the general Bug section.

My DCS crashes after a Bronco crash into terrain.

I can fly and land the plane but if I crash it, DCS crashes too.

Bronco V1.0

Is this a Bronco Bug?

Best regards, Grippen7

Do you also get a system crash when you end a mission with bronco?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

26 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Do you also get a system crash when you end a mission with bronco?

No, Windows 10 keeps runing.

After DCS Crash I can start DCS again and load the Bronco again. 

I also found out, if you overstress the airframe, the Bronco's wing rips of, with the same result that DCS crashes too.

PS: I also have the DCS: NS 430 Navigation System installed. I will disable this frst and try again.

Best regards, Grippen7

CAN CONFIRM THIS IS CAUSED BY DCS: NS 430 Navigation System ADD ON.

AFTER DISABELING THIS FOR THE L39 THE BRONCO WORKS NORMAL.

I ONLY CANNOT MOVE THE RUDDER WITH THE Z AND KEY'S.

Edited by Grippen7

9 minutes ago, Grippen7 said:

No, Windows 10 keeps runing.

After DCS Crash I can start DCS again and load the Bronco again. 

I also found out, if you overstress the airframe, the Bronco's wing rips of, with the same result that DCS crashes too.

PS: I also have the DCS: NS 430 Navigation System installed. I will disable this frst and try again.

Best regards, Grippen7

My question was formulated poorly. I meant, does it crash when you end the mission in normal way without crashing the aircraft. But the solution to that would be the removal of the NS430…. so you‘re on it already!

Starting this thing is wonky...Whats the mystery to it😁....I can get one engine to start, let it get to 11%.Same procedure with 2nd engine, but it never gets to 11%...Then power drains.....you gotta exit out and try again?

⁼ЅϮгаίϱϦϮеϗ цр, ϜІу ГϊϱϦϮ⁼

9 minutes ago, _SwiVet_ said:

Starting this thing is wonky...Whats the mystery to it😁....I can get one engine to start, let it get to 11%.Same procedure with 2nd engine, but it never gets to 11%...Then power drains.....you gotta exit out and try again?

Are you following the procedure of page 13 of the manual?

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26iZQdGa2hsc5qtiroSA

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

I am using DCS 2.7.18.30348 Open Beta and every time I try a to use any mission that includes the Bronco OV-10A, DCS does a hard crash at the end of the mission load. I have disabled the NC430 modules that many have suggested, however, nothing seems to work.

I am stumped. I have even done a repair, including removing extra files. I am attaching the crash logs. Any help is appreciated.

Oh, running Win 11 on an AMD Ryzen 9 3900x with 64 GB memory and an RTX 3080 12Gb video card.

dcs.log-20220928-165846.zip

1 hour ago, Leadbottom said:

I am stumped. I have even done a repair, including removing extra files. I am attaching the crash logs. Any help is appreciated.

Most likely it is a conflict with another user Mod ... have you tried running just the OV-10A to confirm? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leadbottom said:

I am using DCS 2.7.18.30348 Open Beta and every time I try a to use any mission that includes the Bronco OV-10A, DCS does a hard crash at the end of the mission load. I have disabled the NC430 modules that many have suggested, however, nothing seems to work.

Oh, running Win 11 on an AMD Ryzen 9 3900x with 64 GB memory and an RTX 3080 12Gb video card.

dcs.log-20220928-165846.zip 395.81 kB · 2 downloads

Really dumb suggestion on my part (because it probably not effecting you) but I had an issue with downloaded User missions and the Bronco with crashing and drop of FPS.  After I did repairs and all the normal other procedures like yourself I got the mission to load and work but still with major FPS drop.  As I was flying around I looked down and saw civilian traffic on the roads and was shocked.  I have Civ Traffic OFF by default but I had to check the mission's options in ME and yup there was Civilian Traffic enabled by the mission creator.  Turned it off and all was good and back to normal.  The weird thing is I was having the crashes and FPS issues even when not using that particular mission before I disabled the option.   So goes the Gremlins of DCS.

Edited by Rodeo

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

help..
Paid some euro ad got the download- but it shows up as Bronco V1.00
Moved into the correct folder and it shows up on the initial screen when I boot up but nothing is there when I try to choose it.  It doesn't give me Instant Action or anything.  If I go to Training, or Missions.. doesn't show up either.

I have it in both my Open Beta, and Regular DCW World games.

Tried rebooting a few times, no joy.
Suggestions?

Thanks
Motch

26 minutes ago, Motch said:

Suggestions?

Download user-made missions here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/search/?tags=OV-10A

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Motch said:

THANKS!
Just assumed there would be "Instant Action" or Training missions..
At least I know have a few missions.  Now to set up aircraft with Stick/Throttle assignments!
Always
Motch

Shameless promo:

Bronco OV-10A QuickStart Missions for Free Maps

QuickStart Missions for the South Atlantic Map

If you want carrier ops, please feel free to drop a note.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Thanks 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.