R-27ER overshoots target every time

okopanja
Go to solution Solved by Маэстро,

R-27ER in HOJ mode overshoots the target.

In this case non maneuverable F-15C.

Attached is TRK and MIS file.

While I understand that PK is lower for HOJ, for a non maneuverable target it should be close comparable or better than the performance of R-27ET, yet the missile systematically misses the target.

Su-27 vs F-15 HOJ_multi.miz

Tacview-20220830-220925-DCS-Su-27 vs F-15 HOJ_multi.zip.acmi server-20220830-220921.trk

Edited by okopanja
Added missing trk and tacview
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Маэстро said:

Will switch R-27 and R-77 to conventional PN.

Once again thanks for prompt response...

I gather no date is there?

BTW: I tested 77 as well. It appears to stays in HOJ until certain point when it appears to become active.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

• ED Team
  • Solution
51 minutes ago, okopanja said:

Once again thanks for prompt response...

I gather no date is there?

I already fixed this internally, so it will be released soon, but not in the next patch.

51 minutes ago, okopanja said:

BTW: I tested 77 as well. It appears to stays in HOJ until certain point when it appears to become active.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

I think yes, this how old API works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Маэстро said:

Will switch R-27 and R-77 to conventional PN.

In this case, HoJ on these particular types of missiles should only operate when they (or in the case of SARH, the carrier) are illuminating the target aircraft.  The jammer should cease emitting when its duty cycle expires, so for fighter SPJs likely within a few seconds of illumination ceasing.

ECM reduces Pk, it does not increase it (there may be exceptions, but I think for DCS this would be a case of newer missile vs older ECM) - HoJ is only there to make sure that Pk does not go to 0 hopefully. 

Specifically we're relying on the ECM repeating the radar transmission with 'bad info' and as such the missile should at least lose some of the vector information, be it range, Vc, etc.  An angles jammer cannot be HoJ'd on easily (it makes no sense).   Since all jammers in DCS are range jammers, the missile should lose range info from its PN computation, meaning if there is any path optimization done when launching the missile, it should go away and the missile should fly full PN all the way instead of 'restricted until range X.

In addition, I imagine the ECM would just induce more scintillation so miss distance should increase.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 3 weeks later...