AH-64 Pit Project (WIP)

Krupi

I have been working on an extension of my Spitfire/Mozzie cockpit (Both which have been WIP) to include a Apache module. 

I never really had much interest in helicopters until I got the Apache and immediately knew I was going to be flying it a great deal.

So I purchased a Virpil Collective and started modelling. 

Apache.JPG

The FWD Panel is not based on any dimensions, however I brought some panels from TekCreations which I used as a rough guide. I then modelled some spacers for use with MPD Frames which I have purchased from Total Controls.  

The LH Console is work in progress, I plan on developing the design so I can pull the Apache throttle and install the Warthog when required. 

IMG-20220818-WA0010.jpg

You can see the Spitfire Spade Grip "stowed" behind the FWD Panels. 

The Panels have a 3 degree angle on each side. 

IMG-20220818-WA0007.jpg

I am expecting the Total Controls MPD Frames to arrive tomorrow so I will upload another picture once installed. 

IMG-20220815-WA0011.jpeg

Here is another shot of the TekCreations panels, showing what they will look like once fully installed. Technically I am a VR user so I don't plan on backlighting the panels. 

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 5

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• Krupi changed the title to AH-64 Pit Project (WIP)

I received the Total Controls MPD Frames, fit like a charm 👍

image0.jpeg

Unfortunately I only got to try these for a wee while as I will be away for the next few days, but so far quite impressed and lucky to be one of the very first customers.

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 3

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

That‘s really cool!!! 
The FWD panel looks great with the total controls MPD’s! Looks like you want to populate it with more panels and switches…..👍👍👍👍
Wish I‘d could something similar…

I really hope I will get my MPD‘s soon…..

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

16 hours ago, KeyCat said:

Looks nice! Keep going and I wished I hade the space for such a thing 🙂

Thanks, the girlfriend was not happy! Even less happy when I bolted one of the dining chairs on to it, I did as... perhaps I was a bit vague in my explanation 😅

33 minutes ago, corbu1 said:

That‘s really cool!!! 
The FWD panel looks great with the total controls MPD’s! Looks like you want to populate it with more panels and switches…..👍👍👍👍
Wish I‘d could something similar…

I really hope I will get my MPD‘s soon…..

Yes, definitely the upper left Fire Detection Panel and the Alarm Panel, don't see me using the Enhanced Up Front Display so that is out.

I am working on the Lower CMWS Panel, I don't see much use in the upper one.

You will love the MPD's they are great fun, now I actually need to start using all the nifty things they allow you to do!

• Like 1

Project IX Cockpit

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Krupi:

Yes, definitely the upper left Fire Detection Panel and the Alarm Panel, don't see me using the Enhanced Up Front Display so that is out.

I am working on the Lower CMWS Panel, I don't see much use in the upper one.

You will love the MPD's they are great fun, now I actually need to start using all the nifty things they allow you to do!

Yes, awesome….sounds like a plan.

Keep up the great work! 👍

Edited by corbu1

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• 2 months later...

Made a little bit of progress with the Power Quadrant.

Power Quadrant.JPG

Power Quadrant 2.JPG

Power Quadrant 3.JPG

I temporarily hooked it up and the Lever Power OFF switches and Finger Lift switches are working as intended.

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 4

Project IX Cockpit