a populated, alive world

dmatsch

it would be nice to have an ME option to automatically populate a map with military and civilian air traffic. I'm sick of big, empty maps that I have to spend hours adding aircraft and moose scripts.  And debugging the horrendous AI.

You could have configuration options to limit the amounts.  You know, like a GUI version of MOOSE RAT.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, dmatsch said:

I'm sick of big, empty maps that I have to spend hours adding aircraft and moose scripts. 

I agree with your wish, but it could take ED quite a while to fulfill it. In the meantime what I do is create a Static Template with the air traffic aircrafts that I want to use:

ZjPkdYr.jpg

These aircrafts having the correct liveries and already set to late activation and hidden. The unit names are the ones that corresponds to a RAT script to pair with this template:

K76DsTI.jpg

After taking time to edit and test the template & script, from there on it's a very simple task to add background air traffic to any future mission that I edit for that Map/faction. I wish ED would expand the Static Template concept to include triggers and trigger zones, as it would make this type of template even easier to use.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB