MP Head nodding

Swift.

So its been a while since I made a request for this to be added to MP, and whilst we wait for a vanilla solution:

You can mod this into the FA-18C.lua with a single line change.

line 791 reads net_animation, if you add 99 to the bottom of the following list it will make your head nods be seen by anyone looking at your aircraft in MP.

PS. ED pls, this is such a simple change. Please can we have it in the vanilla version.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Yes. I see altogether way too much talking by internet fliers. Many things are accomplished by head nods and hand signals. It would be nice to see this as standard for all fighter and attack aircraft.

It would be nice if ED could add a few hand signals bound to buttons on the hotas.

Edited by Zeagle
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/2/2022 at 1:00 PM, Swift. said:

So its been a while since I made a request for this to be added to MP, and whilst we wait for a vanilla solution:

You can mod this into the FA-18C.lua with a single line change.

line 791 reads net_animation, if you add 99 to the bottom of the following list it will make your head nods be seen by anyone looking at your aircraft in MP.

PS. ED pls, this is such a simple change. Please can we have it in the vanilla version.

Does this work for other aircraft if you edit their related files? 

what about looking forward and tilting head left and right ie. trying to put your ear on your shoulders (that doesn't work in VR on the F14 I know for sure)

• Like 1

Hi.

I am a bit confused... I swear I could see head mouvements from other pilots when on MP, but maybe not so big and clear ones. In any case if that's is the case. yes, prettyplease, add this to the vanilla version.

By the way, where is that "FA-18.lua file"? Can not find it in the MODS folder.

Saludos.

Saca111

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 8:08 AM, Elphaba said:

Does this work for other aircraft if you edit their related files? 

what about looking forward and tilting head left and right ie. trying to put your ear on your shoulders (that doesn't work in VR on the F14 I know for sure)

Yes.

Its only 'yaw' and 'pitch' so to say. As those are the motions defined in the model.

On 11/13/2022 at 10:09 AM, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

I am a bit confused... I swear I could see head mouvements from other pilots when on MP, but maybe not so big and clear ones. In any case if that's is the case. yes, prettyplease, add this to the vanilla version.

By the way, where is that "FA-18.lua file"? Can not find it in the MODS folder.

Saludos.

Saca111

By default you get 'yaw' motion only. The 'pitch' motion is disabled in MP, but enabled in SP.

CoreMods/aircraft/FA-18C/FA-18C.lua

• Thanks 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

10 minutes ago, Swift. said:

Its only 'yaw' and 'pitch' so to say. As those are the motions defined in the model.

Is that why head tilting doesn't work? Like when you keep your head aligned with 'up' when banking but in the mirrors your avatar's head doesn't? 

I wonder why they never implemented that. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...