DCS Newsletter discussion 2nd September - DCS C-130J | FLIR is progressing | Open beta patch

BIGNEWY

1 hour ago, Germane said:

Really a great announcement!!

The Eurofighter was also announced with a trailer at the time. I guess that most of what we have seen in the pictures and teaser so far are placeholders. So I think the development is not yet that far advanced

Watch this, and tell my WHY it says, "Coming soon"???!!!

31 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

I wonder if the collision modelling will support landing anywhere flat? I'm looking at the Straight of Hormuz map, and then my thoughts drift back to the spring of 1980.....if you catch my drift, wink wink, nudge nudge. 

[yeeees, I know, those weren't "J's"....who cares?! 🧐  😋]

Wouldn’t it be cool if we got STOL rockets? 😅 (I know - wrong model….)

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Excited to see a heavy plane in DCS. I'm also hopeful that this will open the door for civil aircraft as well.

• Like 4

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

hace 2 horas, ThorBrasil dijo:

Today is the happiest day in the world of DCS for me! It will be the best module! I will buy on the first day!

Same here, thrilled and extremely happy !!!! Inmediate pre-purchase !!!! ED you can charge my credit card today if you want !!!

I really love this plane !!!!!!

• Like 1

Wow,i guess fridays are the best day to hear news of something new like maps or aircraft modules coming.I wonder how there going to model multi-crew with this transport but it does lead hopefully to more types of aircraft and helos like more transports and even bombers and even recon only type aircraft.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Yeah! You called it!

So I love this game! Lets do it again!

So it seems, every two weeks we'll get a module announced, and every two weeks we get a map announced. 

So what map will be announced next Friday do you guys think, and what module in two weeks? 😉

Do you think it will be Vietnam if I say Vietnam?

Probably not.

Since these maps of late are 3rd party developed. I'll say southern Africa or Baltics or Balkans.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Hope they get a SME helping them with that C-130J because that movie is hilarious, a fatality in progress.  That cargo ramp lowered in the ground loading position with it in the air is technically impossible with the mechanical arms hooked up in the flight configuration as shown.  The ramp beyond flight position is one huge elevator with a nose down pitch moment the regular flight controls would never overcome.  That's a huge mistake, written abundantly about in the manual, it they can't even get that right, just saying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mig Fulcrum said:

Very nice add, the entire cargo mechanic is very interesting and I'm curious to know how it will be implemented in MP and Dynamic Campaign.

I'm only a bit skeptical about the current map size for a cargo plane, I think they are still a bit small for a good implementation

How a C-130 flies at a speed far below a fighter jet. "The map will be twice as big for them." Flying from one point to another will take a lot of time. So I believe there will be plenty of room to fly a C-130 on the map of Syria.

• Like 6

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

2 hours ago, nick10 said:

Only buying if they simulate the toilet down the back with the Curtin you pull around yourself.

also needs a angry/sweary loadmaster 

Trust me, you don't want that!!  

The grumpy, swearing loadmasters are standard issue on all variants of the C-130 from my experience 😜  No avoiding that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nodak said:

Hope they get a SME helping them with that C-130J because that movie is hilarious, a fatality in progress.  That cargo ramp lowered in the ground loading position with it in the air is technically impossible with the mechanical arms hooked up in the flight configuration as shown.  The ramp beyond flight position is one huge elevator with a nose down pitch moment the regular flight controls would never overcome.  That's a huge mistake, written abundantly about in the manual, it they can't even get that right, just saying.

IIRC it just took of from the runway. Probably just a money shot/„fan service“. The alarms in the cockpit that probably come with it are not shown here…😅

Let‘s give them the benefit of doubt and start judging once it comes out.

• Like 6

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Next week : Chinook + map Afghanistan ? 😉😂

wrong. 🙂

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

42 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

wrong. 🙂

I'll have a side of some F-5 update news, thank you very much.

• Like 2

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

vor 13 Stunden schrieb ThorBrasil:

A very important issue for the KC-130 is... There will be realistic physics in the refueling hose and basket. Currently the mode that is in DCS is very unreal. There is another F-16 simulator that has recently added physics in aerial refueling. I'd love to see something at the same level or above implemented in DCS World.

Improved refueling physics has been announced several years ago but since then no more news about it. We need patience, I am sure it comes sooner or later! 

• Like 1