DCS Newsletter discussion 2nd September - DCS C-130J | FLIR is progressing | Open beta patch

BIGNEWY

Concerning the c130j, I am really looking forward to it but being this close to having my dream aircraft, the ac130, I am wondering if it is feasible to have it come down the line.

Mainly, my question is, can you take a base c130j, add the guns and the associated systems in the back of the aircraft, perhaps tweak the flight model a bit, and end up with a ac130 (of some version) ?

Granted the weapon systems are probably very complex so I wouldn't mind paying for a separate ac130 module, but I'm just wondering if the ac130 is just adding things to the c130j without many differences on the base aircraft itself. 

• Like 1

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

A big fat honking YES! for the C-130. Had a ton of fun with the Hercules in the Captain Sim module for the civvy sim and this will be an obvious upgrade. Between this and the F-15E, it would be a tough choice. But it's possible I'd take the C-130. 

Would love to see multiple variants, from steam gauges to the full spaceship HUD version.

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

18 hours ago, Gipsy said:

I can't recall one aircraft that had the announcement of its birth alongside with a teaser on ED's YT channel

Perhaps. Then again, maybe you recall 2018's "Modern Air Combat by Eagle Dynamics Coming this Autumn!" trailer... 🙂 ED like to think big: They tink eons rather than decades.

Since the Herc is based on Anubis' splendid [and addictive. dropping cargo over target zones was never so fun] work, I'm cautiously optimistic for a release this side of 2025.

Purchase? You bet. Wait for sale? I don't have time for that!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Razorback said:

Next week : Chinook + map Afghanistan ? 😉😂

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

wrong. 🙂

I hope that's the news of the F-5E Tiger II v2 update.

• Like 3

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

We need to see if there is any booker who has some idea what the next week's announcement would be.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

46 minutes ago, Wags said:

Four more new 3rd party module announcements in the cue. What could they be? 😁

DCS: Su-22M4

DCS: Korea 

DCS: UH-60/SH-60

DCS: WWII fighter / Zero(?)

• Like 5

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

As long as one of them is the F-104G.

• Like 3

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

My crazy bids:
By new 3rd Parties:
- South Pakistan / Indian map. (a "pakistan / Indian" hypotetic 3rd party, fitting with Persian Gulf map).
- Baltic Aproach / North German Plains (a "German" hypotetic 3rd party).
- Modern Assets pack (I dont remember the team)
- French Assets pack (by the old DCS French pack team)
- UH-60 (from old UH-60 Mod team)
- Lancaster (By Lancaster team)
- Mig-17 (By Red Star Simulator)
- F-104 / F-105 (hypotetic US team)
- Air Defense Integration Module (I dont remember the team)
- Sea / Land module? (UK / France carrier Pack) / UK / France driveable module.

By actual 3rd parties:
- Aernes (Resurrect "Iberian Peninsula / SCW map")
- Deka (Harbin H-5 / Nancang Q-5) (South China sea map?)
- Heatblur (Resurrect Baltic / North Sea Map fitting with Orbx North Scandinavia).
- Octopus-G (Su-22M4 / La-7)
- Magnitude 3 (Resurrect "Iwo Jima" Map Expanded, fitting with Marianas map)
- A resurrecting VEAO with repair Hawk T.1 and start to build WW2 / Cold War aircrafts.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Wags said:

Four more new 3rd party module announcements in the cue. What could they be? 😁

And Vietnam map finally? 😅

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Btw. I think:

• MiG-17
  • Puccara
  • Su-22M4
  • I havent idea about the last, but Id like to see some news about the next copter (however Bolkov and Kiowa had announcement), so something new maybe?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Let's join speculation train... 😄 I am going to go with the pattern of 2 aircrafts and 2 maps seen so far... 

I am not going to mention stuff I hope ED is working on - Afghanistan Map, MIG 29 and Mitsubishi Zero. Maybe Vietnam...? 

However, I would not be surprised if ED's line up is more or less dependant on what their existing and potential professional customers want... I can see their corporate customer assistance rep receiving number of requests for Eastern Europe locations as well some Far East locations... recently...

I also thought it is possible that ED is not working on any map at the moment (aside WW2 Marianas already in the works) - seeing how good third party developments working out and using ED resources for development of world map engine instead... Enough chatter and onto the speculation train:

Third Party:

- MIG 17 - it is quite possible as it was in the works from what I've seen somewhere on the forum and YT.

- A1 or F105 or WW2 stuff ?- I would not be surprised to see IL2 although there is currently no map to fly it... but who knows... although maybe there is not much point in doing IL2 due to the other stuff already there... I would not be surprised to see any other WW2 plane - particularly from the Pacific Theatre in the view of WW2 Marianas. 

Maps:

- Korea or Vietnam (if ED is not already working on one) third party map

- WW2 Eastern Front map or 1990 - 2003 Iraq map ( including Kuwait of course and parts of Saudi Arabia ).   

Personally I would like Iraq map very much and Balkans if somebody was brave enough to make it... regardless of what is going to be - I am very happy to see DCS growing developers base and users base - it is awesome! 

• Like 1