DCS Newsletter discussion 2nd September - DCS C-130J | FLIR is progressing | Open beta patch

BIGNEWY

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Wags:

Four more new 3rd party module announcements in the cue. What could they be? 😁

- AH-1 Cobra

- AH-6 Little Bird

- MiG-25

- Tornado

or maybe a WW2 warbird

... more wishing, than guessing 😀 

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

32 minutes ago, Lace said:

IIRC the Mossie and Apache were released pretty close to each other.

Eh, no. Time flies doesn't it. 😊

Just kidding. I guess you ment the Hind in June, and the Mossie came September last year. 😉 As you I don't think anyone would choose one over the other as they're not similar. 

I wouldn't mind a release every or every second month. 😊 

Thats true, but then again they left a few for the Taliban so....would be a nice little bird(ha get it?!) but I dont think so.

Mig25...man you know how to tease me!

Tornado no, they said so many times that EADS/Airbus whoever is in charge of it now, dont play ball and wont allow it iirc.

Edited by Badger1-1

Right, so at the very least some of these announcements may possibly be modules known/hinted/teased to be worked on by existing 3rd parties but weren't licensed from ED and hence officially announced yet. These would include, from the top of my head:

- Pucara (Razbam)
- Mirage III (Razbam)
- Su-17M4 or Su-22M4 (Magnitude 3 or OctopusG)
- La-7 (OctopusG, though their more recent Su-22M4 tease leaves this in doubt)
- English Electric Lightning (Razbam, but this one was far down the pipeline and seems to be backburnered, so not too likely)
- A6M, likely A6M5 Zero (Magnitude 3? Unlikely for now, considering they have Corsair, F-8, possibly Su-17, and some sort of MiG rework on their plate)
- Razbam has at least one secret helicopter in addition to the collaboration with Miltech5 for Bo-105. Still, while their helicopter team is almost entirely a separate entity, even them themselves are occupied with the Bo for now, thus this isn't super likely either at this point imo.
- Other assorted things in works by devs, but don't have forum sections yet like Super Tucano from Razbam, F-8 from Magnitude 3, G.91 Gina from IFE, but I don't know if these would/should count as new announcements.
- We know that there most likely is an Afghanistan map being worked on from 2022 and beyond teaser. We don't know if it is ED or 3rd party, as the other big tease at the end of same video was the 3rd party F-4E from Heatblur.

Then, there are things that were known to be under work, aiming to be 3rd party devs (like C-130 team and Kfir team just did recently), or mods that may have decided to go that way
- MiG-17F from Red Star Simulations
- A-4E team deciding to go 3rd party, but I find this highly unlikely, they've said no to this time and again, and frankly they already have the mod(ule) more or less fully implemented without the need for further SDK access for the simulated type.
- Bronco, which is 3 days away from release, so doesn't seem likely unless the same team have another aircraft in mind for going 3rd party with
- VNAO has another one of the "full fidelity mods" in shape of T-45 Goshawk, they may want to turn it into a module, but I don't think that is the case. Rather, what intrigues me is that there is a secret project listed on their web site, and perhaps they'll go 3rd party with that one.
- There was also a team aiming to make a full fidelity Avro Lancaster mod.
- There is of course the UH-60L mod too.
- Yak-38 from Cubanace
- Similarly, there is a full fidelity mod of SAAB 105 but that one seems near a release already, so I don't know if they're looking into going 3rd party with that one. However, one can still hope they may give us a J35 Draken 🙂
From the above, I only find Yak and the MiG-17 to be at least somewhat likely, but my gut feeling says that one is probably some time ahead in future yet as well.

As for the maps, I have no idea, apart from most likely ED made A'stan anyway, and I am not that much into maps anyway, so moving on...

Finally, Deka may have decided their next module, and maybe even started working on it, who knows, perhaps one of the announcements is from them.

So the may, or may not be among the upcoming announcements.

As for the merry wishlisting we all do and love?

I do so hope it will include 80s to early 90s AH-1W or F, and most definitely wouldn't say no to a Jaguar, F-111, or Tornado, or a J-7G from Deka, or a Q-5, or a good Su-30 from anyone, or a Mi-2, or some more cool warbirds, especially an Emil and/or early Spitfires.

• Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

23 minutes ago, SkateZilla said:

Who said anything about it being limited to Aircraft?

Moar maps???

Razbam are working on a Tucano. However from Razbam Ron’s ACS podcast I got the impression it’s part of a private contract and that has caused problems.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

I'd actually love an older C-130. Right now, they're saying, late 2010s, which pretty much means it'll be the most modern module in DCS, thus putting it out of date range for most other assets. AFAIK, a typical mid-2000s C-130 still flew with steam cockpit (although the J was already a thing then, and I doubt it changed very much). Which would be a perfectly good project to make, IMO, I'm not interested in cargo planes beyond the tech they bring, but a C-130H or even a Vietnam-era E would be more up my alley. I've flown airliners in other sims, and my favorites were the Tu-154 and the vintage Boeing 707, both very analog (although the Tupolev was surprisingly automated for its time). 

I grew up on Little Rock Air Force Base, and got to hear and see E and H models flying on a near daily basis. Those to me will always be the classic C-130. J model is nice, and more capable than the H, but it did lose the iconic sound of the turboprops in the process. I too would have loved to have an H model in DCS, but I will very happily fly the J model!

And I too am a sucker for steam gauges!

c-130 sim.jpg

• Like 5

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

I also Look forward to busting out the Old Yoke and 4 Engine Throttle body I had for flying in the other Sim.

As I havent had a need to use it it's been in the closet in a box for the last 4 years.

Looking forward to Short Runway landings 🙂

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

BTW, what are currently the determining factors regarding map size in DCS? Detailed land mass? 

I'm asking because I would be very up for a Northern Atlantic map for cold war Carrier operations (think "Hunt for Red October" or "Red Storm Rising"). Maybe use the coasts of Nova Scotia, Iceland and Western Ireland and Acores as boundaries? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

my hopes

- AH-1 Cobra

- Sepecat Jaguar

- F-117

- an extension of the Persian Gulf map to the North (Kuwait, Iraq, Saudi Arabia...)

• Like 2

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

On 9/3/2022 at 2:09 PM, Avimimus said:

Is there a prize?

I assume the following: Pucara, Su-22, Mig-17, a late model Zero...

Possibly the SAAB 105 or OV-10? Possibly a helicopter (Eurocopter Tiger or Mi-2URP would be cool, although AH-1 is more likely).

Hmm... so UH-60 should be replacing one of these predictions? I doubt that they'd start two helicopters with the AH-64 still in early access... but maybe the UH-60 is third party?

Honestly, it is pretty unpredictable as a lot depends on which third parties have received licenses.

Is the G.91 announced officially yet? If not, it'd be a good candidate.

Edited by Avimimus

4 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

Who said anything about it being limited to Aircraft?

Does this mean we are finally getting DCS E1-E3 addon for the Super Carrier?  Where we have to try to dodge every terrible duty on the boat why we desperately try to learn the actual job we signed up for?

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Mogster:

I thought too many of the AH-6 systems were classified to make a credible DCS module.

Don´t know about that, but hard to imagine the AH-6 uses other systems or secret tech, than the Apache or Kiowa.

Also the basic model of the Little Bird would provide some variations of different eras like Vietnam or Gulf war. The mod which is out there, I didn´t like, as it left too much to desire.

It´s not so much about hoping and waiting, but for me a must have, when available. 😀

https://www.flightglobal.com/boeings-ah-6i-helicopter-gunship-revives-and-improves-a-35-year-old-concept/102884.article

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis