DCS Newsletter discussion 2nd September - DCS C-130J | FLIR is progressing | Open beta patch

BIGNEWY

31 minutes ago, Rosebud47 said:

Don´t know about that, but hard to imagine the AH-6 uses other systems or secret tech, than the Apache or Kiowa.

Also the basic model of the Little Bird would provide some variations of different eras like Vietnam or Gulf war. The mod which is out there, I didn´t like, as it left too much to desire.

It´s not so much about hoping and waiting, but for me a must have, when available. 😀

https://www.flightglobal.com/boeings-ah-6i-helicopter-gunship-revives-and-improves-a-35-year-old-concept/102884.article

Little bird is probably my main wish for a copter. I assume it will have a huge skill ceiling in pure flying. 

But I wonder how they'll add all the stuff needed. Weapons are easy enough, but will they get 4 Delta to sit on the side so I can drop them on top of the Olympic Hotel

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

According to the recent animation draft by ED for the CPG of the Apache, it would be a blast having animated troops transported by the MH-6. Oh man, there would be so many possibilities for the Little Bird... such an iconic helicopter ... even a ´Magnum´ variant to fly over the Marianas would fit in 😄

Little Bird vs. Gazelle 😁:

Little Bird vs. Apache 😁  😁:

Edited by Rosebud47
  • Like 3

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

The C130J is instabuy from me, if for no other reason than to experience how a large, heavy 4-engined aircraft can perform in DCS World. Doing logistics in multiplayer in the Huey and the Mi8 was my go to for a long time, so this will definitely be an upgrade. 

As for the other projects, I really, really hope that we get an F-111 from a third party developer, but that's probably just a pipe dream at this point. 

• Like 4

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The C130J is instabuy from me, if for no other reason than to experience how a large, heavy 4-engined aircraft can perform in DCS World. Doing logistics in multiplayer in the Huey and the Mi8 was my go to for a long time, so this will definitely be an upgrade.

Big time agreed.

25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

As for the other projects, I really, really hope that we get an F-111 from a third party developer, but that's probably just a pipe dream at this point. 

That would be great. I actually got to sit in one with my buddy at an air show at the Plattsburgh AFB back in the day.  $5 to get a polaroid shot of yourself and the money went to charity. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

2 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Red Star Simulations has none a official 3rd Party.

Neither was Grinelli Simulations, nor Airplane Simulation Company, nor Aviron until recent announcements 😉

Edit: Or indeed the company making the Sinai map, or the one making Australia map, or even Orbx themselves despite being otherwise pretty famous in sim industry.

Edited by WinterH
  • Like 5

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

1 hour ago, Pasquale1986 said:

I really hope for a dedicated Bomber Module. Since ED stated that the BUFF is not planned at the moment my hopes are high for a F-117/B-1b/F-111 - one can at least dream 🤩

I hope for one too. The Mosquito is a good module but I was disappointed ED made it the fighter variant. Not a great bomb load and not a great fighter. I think they were nervous about making a pure bomber. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jester986 said:

I hope for one too. The Mosquito is a good module but I was disappointed ED made it the fighter variant. Not a great bomb load and not a great fighter. I think they were nervous about making a pure bomber. 

Pure bomber require build the bomber cockpit, crew interaction, bomber sight and all dedicated bombed systems. That is not a little change.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WinterH said:

Neither was Grinelli Simulations, nor Airplane Simulation Company, nor Aviron until recent announcements 😉

Edit: Or indeed the company making the Sinai map, or the one making Australia map, or even Orbx themselves despite being otherwise pretty famous in sim industry.

ED team (Nineline) confirm some weeks ago  is no official yet into DCS. If like get them, they need make your paperwork and the required ED quality standard, to get the necesary 3rd party status, get SKD acess and a official anouncement.

Airplane Simulation Company was arroud the forum some years ago (as a mod team) and was some rumors to pursue 3rd party status, Aviron has the same, other mod team some years ago as Grinelli Simulations... Orbx talk with ED as A2A to get into DCS as 3-4 years ago... 

Edited by Silver_Dragon

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Red Star Simulations has none a official 3rd Party.

New, means new. We can talk about new 3th party (like with the last 3 news) as well:

"Four more new 3rd party module..."

• Like 4

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 minute ago, cordite said:

They'd have to start somewhere.

By now ED has none confirm a "Mosquito expansion" and actually has only some items to add on the Early Access. My suposition, ED has working on a new "Pacific" WW2 aircraft or a BoB aircraft, as talked Nick Grey some years ago.

2 minutes ago, YoYo said:

New, means new. We can talk about new 3th party (like with the last 3 news) as well:

"Four more new 3rd party module..."

We know them... but actually I think has outside to Red Start work.

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

ED team (Nineline) confirm some weeks ago  is no official yet into DCS. If like get them, they need make your paperwork and the required ED quality standard, to get the necesary 3rd party status, get SKD acess and a official anouncement.

Airplane Simulation Company was arroud the forum some years ago (as a mod team) and was some rumors to pursue 3rd party status, Aviron has the same, other mod team some years ago as Grinelli Simulations... Orbx talk with ED as A2A to get into DCS as 3-4 years ago... 

Right and where were the two new map makers on the forums then, which according to you seem to be a prerequisite for becoming a 3rd party? 😛 I've been following Hercules, Kfir, and Grinelli's Edge/Extra projects for more or less as long as they have existed. They weren't licensed 3rd parties, they aimed for it, convinced ED, and got it, simple as. While I also don't think MiG-17 will be among the 4 expected announcements just yet, Red Star Simulations not being an official 3rd party yet to our knowledge has no bearing in whether the module can be among the upcoming announcements or not. Great majority of the recent announcements were new 3rd parties, that we'd say "they aren't an official 3rd party yet" anyway 😉

• Like 4

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

With the accouncement of the C-130J, all the maps and new 3rd parties joining DCS (and not to forget the new modules which Wags announced last Saturday) I hope ED gets more ressources working on the Core. I know many of them are big tasks as the improved ATC, multicore & Vulcan) so that‘s why I really appreciate if ED has more time and staff involved working on the Core. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Weasel said:

With the accouncement of the C-130J, all the maps and new 3rd parties joining DCS (and not to forget the new modules which Wags announced last Saturday) I hope ED gets more ressources working on the Core. I know many of them are big tasks as the improved ATC, multicore & Vulcan) so that‘s why I really appreciate if ED has more time and staff involved working on the Core. 

How can all those 3rd party content free resources from ED?

edit: ED states over and over that more than half of the team is working on core improvements. So all I hope from all the announcements is that ED earns to grow even more, which is the best way to speed things up imho.

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Like 5

Adding manpower (or money) doesn't always speed things up. It can also slow them down if done poorly, and will have no effect in the best case scenario (read: the new dev is told to stand in the corner and refill coffee mugs) if the tasks are already maximally parallelized. This might already be the case with the core overhaul, particularly since it's not uncommon for some otherwise parallelizable tasks to be held up by a need for a certain milestone to be passed by another task. For example, new ATC and Dynamic Campaign might both require under the hood changes to AI logic to enable them to hook into the AI's decision making process, which can only be implemented as part of a larger task that simply isn't there yet. Generally, if you can improve a project's ETA by simply adding another person halfway through, that means it was critically undermanned when it started. A project properly staffed and budgeted from the start will not benefit from either extra people or extra money, and in fact can even be slowed down by that.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, WinterH said:

Right and where were the two new map makers on the forums then, which according to you seem to be a prerequisite for becoming a 3rd party? 😛 I've been following Hercules, Kfir, and Grinelli's Edge/Extra projects for more or less as long as they have existed. They weren't licensed 3rd parties, they aimed for it, convinced ED, and got it, simple as. While I also don't think MiG-17 will be among the 4 expected announcements just yet, Red Star Simulations not being an official 3rd party yet to our knowledge has no bearing in whether the module can be among the upcoming announcements or not. Great majority of the recent announcements were new 3rd parties, that we'd say "they aren't an official 3rd party yet" anyway 😉

I was followind the new 3rd party members from 2013 with the Belzk Mig-21bis, the defunt VEAO, IRIS and others, and I see with some has raise and die (I was on a defunt team some years ago with intent build a module to DCS).

I know the work of all new 3rd parties with has show your projects on the ED forums, FB and others platforms with interest on DCS World universe, ... and ED always has the same procedure to get official module into DCS, and no, has no a easy task get 3rd party status.

The only "suprise" here was OctopusG with the i-16, Deka and your J-11A and OnRetech with the Synai map, and no, has no a prerequisite appears on ED forums.

1 hour ago, Weasel said:

ED has own core teams as Vulcan, multithread, map technology teams, etc, outside of your maps teams, modules teams, WW2, Dinamic Campaing, and a long etc. C-130J and other  has outside project maked by 3rd parties and no affect the core develop.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WinterH said:

I think they changed his mind about this. Right, before it was like this, now, mostly we see new company, without model even on half of progess (maybe C-130 is on more advanced stage). The rest 3D boxes only 😉 (I write about modules, not maps). Strange a little. I saw many mods on the same stage and they are never relesed.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro