Lack of Reference for KM-2 Magnetic Declination Setup

Charly_Owl

Hi devs,

This issue has been bugging me for some time, and I thought I'd raise it since I rarely see it mentioned.

Setting up the Magnetic Declination for the KM-2 is pretty straightforward: you turn a knob, you get a deflection, and that's it. However... most players do not know what value to input by heart. The magnetic declination value changes from map to map and most developers have a Magnetic Declination value indicated on the kneeboard as a reminder (as an example, the Harrier, Tomcat, JF-17 all have this value in the kneeboard). However, for the Hind, it seems this was just omitted. Therefore, new CPG players need to sort of "guess" what the value to input is. This isn't practical and is easily remedied by adding a Magnetic Declination information field on the first kneeboard page.

Could this "quick fix" be added in the near future? It would solve a bunch of headaches for people flying the Hind in multicrew.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Quati said:

Maybe it should be on the mission briefing page the same way that is displayed the wind and barometric pressure.

That way it should be available for everyone independently of the module used. 

I agree, but also through F10/ME so we can see how it changes with location, as I assume anything on mission briefing page will be based on Starting position. Hopefully we have a bright future of magnetic declination in DCS 

• Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

14 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

I agree, but also through F10/ME so we can see how it changes with location, as I assume anything on mission briefing page will be based on Starting position. Hopefully we have a bright future of magnetic declination in DCS 

I don't think any of the maps we have changes more than 1 degree either way. We can't fly to 1 deg precision anyway.

9 hours ago, admiki said:

I don't think any of the maps we have changes more than 1 degree either way. We can't fly to 1 deg precision anyway.

Yes true. Which I found pretty surprising to then have the KM-2 compensate to tenths of a degree. But I suppose it has to be as precise as the Greben 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

• 2 weeks later...

In the south atlantic  map there are massive several degree swings on location, pretty much impossible without lots of effort to find it, so the posts relevance stands. SHouldnt have to have a script for it.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I remember seeing in a Wags mini tutorial the MAGVAR displayed on the F10 page near the coordinates. So hopefully it will be coming soon.

I don't like using the kneeboard as a crutch for stuff like this. It should be a core feature as it relates to multiple modules. Our DISS is accurate to 1/10th of a degree. But it's not really relevant when we don't have MAGVAR that accurate, and the measuring tool is only accurate to whole degrees.

1 hour ago, randomTOTEN said:

I remember seeing in a Wags mini tutorial the MAGVAR displayed on the F10 page near the coordinates. So hopefully it will be coming soon.

I don't like using the kneeboard as a crutch for stuff like this. It should be a core feature as it relates to multiple modules. Our DISS is accurate to 1/10th of a degree. But it's not really relevant when we don't have MAGVAR that accurate, and the measuring tool is only accurate to whole degrees.

PLEASE MAKE MEASURING TOO 1/10th degrees ACCURATE PLEASE. It would help so much, can even be special option!

• Thanks 1