Dora engine problems still

I used to fly the Dora before and the engine just stopped suddenly all the time so I stopped flying her but since the new update on cooling physics, I thought I would give it another try but now it just loses approximately 50% thrust when the engine dies and I'm not going over 2,900 RPM just to be careful. I tried to fly with the radiators at auto and then at 25% open and then 50% and then even 100%. I put it on an axis lever to test.

Every time the Dora's engine loses most of it's power when I fly the distance from Argentan to Carentan . And I can barely make it back. The temperatures seem fine to me. And I'm not going over 3,000 RPM at all.

I tested it in the '4YA' Normandy server about one hour ago today.

I can't be the only one experiencing this? Can I?

Thanks. 🙂

Edit: I just watched the replay and my ATA was sligthly above 1.4 when the needle jumped up and then down. I'm guessing this could be it. So keep it at 3.5 ATA is the solution? And just keep the radiators on auto? I thought you flew this plane by reading the RPM not the ATA. Unlike the 109 K-4.

Edited by British_Dragon_14
Watched replay.

British Dragon - Simulation Based Training 2 - YouTube

Call sign: Wiltshire 1-2 | Dragon

AKA British Dragon

3000rpm is continuous power, 3250 30min. Ata is not good power reference because it will rise and fall with alt changes, also at high supercharger gear ata limits are different.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Theres some strange behaviour since the lateat stable patch aswell... been cruising at about 6000m at 2500 to 3000 u/min with extra tank. Startet in flight in mp. Suddenly i hear sputtering. Checked tanks but seemed full. set the tank switch to draw from all internal tanks shut of the drop tank pump and jetisoned the tank. Engine roared back up to normal.

However after few more mins i noticed some odd behaviour. When i wanted to increase throttle the ata fell and u/min was going up and vice versa when throtteling down.

Initially though my controls messed up but ata and u/min never exceeded certain values.

I then descended wondering if the dora had probs with the height but 6000 meters shouldnt be too high?

Once ive reached about 4000 m the engine went back to normal but after a few mins it bucked and seized.

Couldnt save a track as it was mp but occured twice already. Ill try to reproduce in sp and save tracks.

Not really sure if its my fault or theres a bug /the bug as im fairly new to the dora.

Edited by Doughguy