UK Training Map - Long term vision

Thelma Viaduct

So it goes like this:

UK training map, all airbases inc USAFE. 

RAF Valley with Hawk as lead in to Jaguar, Buccaneer and Tornado future releases. 

Hawk training flights over Irish sea, Wales etc

Air to Air training over North Sea. 

EW range over Spadeadam area

Anti ship sorties from Lossiemouth. 

Bomb ranges in North Scotland, South Wales, Wash area. 

Big UK USAF bases in the mix. 

Lots of variety in a small spatial area, can be started small, Scotland + Northern England, add Wales and rest of England later. 

Use the UK training Map as prep for a future Iraq and European full scale theatre of conflict with the Jag, Bucc, Tornado at the thick of it. 

Do the multitude of training missions, then deploy to Europe/Saudi etc etc

Smart small, then grow it. Think of the greenery, hills, valleys, lakes, islands, patchwork fields etc

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Orbx, who are doing the Kola Peninsula/Nordkapp map already have the whole UK ortho scenery, treescapes & POIs available for XP and P3D.  I would think that would save a bit of development time.

Not sure how big the potential market would be for this one, but I'd buy it!

We've got the LN Mudhens incoming.  We just need to add the Hawk, Jaguar, Buccaneer and Tornado! 🤣

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Well, we are at least getting the Tornado now!

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2022 at 8:45 PM, Thelma Viaduct said:

So it goes like this:

UK training map, all airbases inc USAFE. 

RAF Valley with Hawk as lead in to Jaguar, Buccaneer and Tornado future releases. 

Hawk training flights over Irish sea, Wales etc

Air to Air training over North Sea. 

EW range over Spadeadam area

Anti ship sorties from Lossiemouth. 

Bomb ranges in North Scotland, South Wales, Wash area. 

Big UK USAF bases in the mix. 

Lots of variety in a small spatial area, can be started small, Scotland + Northern England, add Wales and rest of England later. 

Use the UK training Map as prep for a future Iraq and European full scale theatre of conflict with the Jag, Bucc, Tornado at the thick of it. 

Do the multitude of training missions, then deploy to Europe/Saudi etc etc

Smart small, then grow it. Think of the greenery, hills, valleys, lakes, islands, patchwork fields etc

Include orkneys and North Sea for intercepting Russian bears! And spotting subs!

Edited by Elphaba

Don’t forget the already announced Typhoon …

(and Razbam’s possible / whenever / if’ish EE Lightning, Harrier GR.3, Sea Harrier FRS.1)

I would pay more than the standard map price for a UK map, and I’m sure I’m not alone. The sole benefit of the civvysim is blatting around the Welsh mountains and valleys in the Hawk and Hunter, recognising places I’ve worked at, camped, mountain biked etc.

DCS Jaguar and DCS Hunter really need to be a thing, and a UK map would really steal the show.

ETA - two challenges, I guess

- large areas of population / built up cities… personally not bothered if these are generic.  DCS is not sightseeingsim

- Lack of real combat scenarios… well Cold War gone hot applies, as does current / future QRA intercept missions

Edited by rkk01

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 2:31 PM, Go2Matt said:

I mentioned on another forum about having a spin up playing MSFS and having a bit more immersion flying over places I recognise. Shame its still not a patch on DCS though. But the scenery is nice... Would love a Mach loop etc

The LFA route through the Lake District is quite good fun in MSFS too (and probably more realistic these days with RAF frontline rarely going through the Mach Loop much since that Typhoon power climb incident through Cad a few years ago)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rick50 said:

Hmmm??? Wots this about then??

I hadn't heard about this, curious for details!

Flying below the low level limit and a max vertical climb out type incident as far as I have read which was filmed and posted on the web, the Incident caused some bad vibes where pilots may have been mistreating the low level flying area, apparently?

I like the Idea of a full on UK map as this could easily be linked in mission with a Norway/Central Europe map on the fly via a trigger etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

74_Fox

On 3/3/2023 at 9:40 AM, IanC58 said:

Flying below the low level limit and a max vertical climb out type incident as far as I have read which was filmed and posted on the web, the Incident caused some bad vibes where pilots may have been mistreating the low level flying area, apparently?

I like the Idea of a full on UK map as this could easily be linked in mission with a Norway/Central Europe map on the fly via a trigger etc.

Yes, your account of the Typhoon incident is pretty accurate.  Absolutely nil chance of it not being filmed as Cad is about the most accessible and popular spot on the Loop for photographers and sightseers (I assume the video is still out there somewhere).  So not just breaking regs by exiting in that manner, but probably also interpreted as someone doing it to show off.  And since then (and its a while ago now) the only frontline stuff you tend to see through LFA7 is USAF out of Lakenheath.

Edited by bfr

On 3/3/2023 at 2:40 AM, IanC58 said:

Thank you sir!