Just how big is DCS with all modules?

DGC338

When trying to update the open beta I get a message that I am running out of disk space and the download stops. DCS is the only program on the drive (500GB SSD) and DCS directory on the drive currently has more than 440GB. Is this right or has something doubled up somewhere? What is the size of DCS with all available modules installed? 
is there another option in terms of updating? Downloading the patch onto another drive? Is DCS able to operate across multiple drives? Or should I just get a 2TB SSD?

28 minutes ago, DGC338 said:

Downloading the patch onto another drive? 

Yes, that can be done as described on this guide:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Onto which your account can then add the saved games folders.

and just wait and see how much the new terrains will add…

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Given the incoming flood of new modules, mods and liveries, due to "global warming", you will need a 2TB drive for DCS alone within 2-weekTM

Not to mention, you need extra space for updates too.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I have everything except a handful of campaigns. No extra skins or mods.

DCS' main install for me is 446GB

SavedGames I think I usually have it kept around 10GB give or take until I trim out the tracks etc.

In the meantime, yes, it is possible to symlink maps and the like to other drives currently, if you know how to do it.

Personally trying to convince the CMs how important the ability to offload maps to other drives will be here in the near future, so hoping it's taken into serious consideration. (aka symlink... but in an easier way for users to know what they're doing, when they... don't know what they're doing.)

19 minutes ago, Vakarian said:

You are missing Marianas and South Atlantic maps, they both add nice hit on storage. Just to keep that in mind

hmm you are right. i do in deed have those terrains. i wonder where they went off to?

edit: looks like the WINDIRSTAT is glitching.

edit2: i did the check on the wrong install folder from old hard drive LOL. 120+ GB more.

null

image.png

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain