Next Project

I'm betting January-february time frame.

I really hope they pick something popular so they can get the recognition they deserve. DCS unquestionably needs a the su-30mkk, and given deka is based in China, this is a no brainer.

But aside from a flanker, a mig-29, would also be a crowd pleaser. The j-10 would be realistic. Outside that there's still plenty of choices. The rafale, tornado, super hornet, and Tejas will probably all eventually be claimed.

But they have plenty of prop planes if they wanted something easier, and there currently some huge gaps. Just off hand, a spit, zero, tempest, yak3, La7. If you wanted more ground attack, the il2 and stuka are obvious iconic choices.

Su-30 would most likely sell the best, but I can imagine that Chinese government isn't much more lax in these matters than British. I personally would love J10 too, but I guess that people are less interested in domestic Chinese jets than something as iconic as Flanker. 

JH-7 looks cool, a "Chinese Tornado", but again it's probably too modern and not well known.

From aircrafts that actually can be modeled without sending guys from Deka to jail 🤣 I think later variants of J-8 would fit pretty nicely with Phantoms and Floggers, Q-5 could be interesting, both of those aren't very well known though.

Edited by Dr_Pavelheer

The more I look into the j-10 the more I'm interested. Familiar mfcd layout is comforting. I'd assume the work flow is the same up front. The panels are way different, but that's life. Domestic SD-10s should feel familiar, along with fox 2s that don't suck.

So, the J10 (early one) shares a ton with the JF-17 so they might be able to do that. There is a fairly decent J10 mod out using the JF17 as the base already. 

But it all boils down to the politics of how that works for them. I think they have stated they can't do "modern" Chinese planes, or "currently in service planes. So unless thats changed I kinda doubt we will see a su-30mkk or a J-10. That being said I think the flanker would sell better than a J10.

They also did say at one point they got MFD burnout and wanted to do an older plane, but lord knows what that could be.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The more I look into the j-10 the more I'm interested. Familiar mfcd layout is comforting. I'd assume the work flow is the same up front. The panels are way different, but that's life. Domestic SD-10s should feel familiar, along with fox 2s that don't suck.

J-7G is my top wish by quite some degree, but would love Su-30 or J-10 too, even though I don't find them to be too likely sadly. They may surprise us and do something western as well, I even remember saying something to the effect of "we may do something western too perhaps" years ago. Anyway, regardless of what it is, I'm looking forward to hearing about Deka's next project.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

27 minutes ago, Vashka said:

I like the look of the earlier J10A myself.

As for the release, who knows maybe ED's new policy means we get to find out in the next few weeks. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

6 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

So, the J10 (early one) shares a ton with the JF-17 so they might be able to do that. There is a fairly decent J10 mod out using the JF17 as the base already. 

But it all boils down to the politics of how that works for them. I think they have stated they can't do "modern" Chinese planes, or "currently in service planes. So unless thats changed I kinda doubt we will see a su-30mkk or a J-10. That being said I think the flanker would sell better than a J10.

They also did say at one point they got MFD burnout and wanted to do an older plane, but lord knows what that could be.

J-10A/B share nearly identical cockpit layouts with the JF-17, also the 10B was made in very few numbers as a stopgap for the 10C so it might be possible.

Edited by FlankerFan35

29 minutes ago, FlankerFan35 said:

J-10A/B share nearly identical cockpit layouts with the JF-17, also the 10B was made in very few numbers as a stopgap for the 10C so it might be possible.

Cool, what fictional radar features will our magical AESA radar have then?

I would prefer domestic.

After playing combat flight sims for almost 30 years, give me some variety.
Whoever says a domestic won’t sell, who are you kidding?  JF-17 is more obscure than a J-10 and look what kind of fan base Deka built with it.  Deka could release a tricycle and people would buy.  Because it would be a high quality tricycle.

Edited by LowRider88
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, LowRider88 said:

I would prefer domestic.

After playing combat flight sims for almost 30 years, give me some variety.
Whoever says a domestic won’t sell, who are you kidding?  JF-17 is more obscure than a J-10 and look what kind of fan base Deka built with it.  Deka could release a tricycle and people would buy.  Because it would be a high quality tricycle.

Honestly we don't really know about the numbers for the Jeff, but I imagine the Chinese market bought it quite a bit, and it seems like its a big market for DCS. 

2022/9/9 AM4点36分,Dr_Pavelheer说:

Su-30 would most likely sell the best, but I can imagine that Chinese government isn't much more lax in these matters than British. I personally would love J10 too, but I guess that people are less interested in domestic Chinese jets than something as iconic as Flanker. 

JH-7 looks cool, a "Chinese Tornado", but again it's probably too modern and not well known.

From aircrafts that actually can be modeled without sending guys from Deka to jail 🤣 I think later variants of J-8 would fit pretty nicely with Phantoms and Floggers, Q-5 could be interesting, both of those aren't very well known though.

In fact JH-7 is more like a tornado doing AJ-37 or super etendard job in China. Or in other words, a Chinese Su-24 maybe more suitable.

• Like 1

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, JudgementalRooster said:

J-10CE? Export variant for Pakistan though not sure how hard/easy to procure documents and possible legalities.

This would be cool but impossible as it uses AESA which DCS can't model yet iirc, best hope is a early batch J-10B or an Su-30MKK/MK2.

20 hours ago, FlankerFan35 said:

This would be cool but impossible as it uses AESA which DCS can't model yet iirc, best hope is a early batch J-10B or an Su-30MKK/MK2.

It’s possible, but it would be astonishing if they got the data to actually do it so I consider it very unlikely.

On 10/6/2022 at 2:07 PM, FlankerFan35 said:

J10B was a PESA radar, so similar issues. 

I mean if Deka can build a convincing AESA radar model maybe. I.e. Razbam is about the only one with a good well explained radar model for the M2k. I see deka has some "features" for the JF17, but really they need a white paper to explain it all IMO.