Next Project

Perfectly fine with all 4 of those. But what peaks my interest is the J-8 series, that very supersonic looking plane, Q-5 is also good, a rarely seen one. Then again, I am very sure that MKK would also sell like hot cakes if that is one selected.

So far, it seems they are in a predicament due to lack of material on all four. 😐

Edited by jojyrocks
  • Like 1

2023/1/10 AM3点58分,Mike_Romeo说:

Screenshot_69.png
Source:

I believe they have already reached a different situation and info from 2020/2021 should not negate the latest hint.

Still one may associate the hint with H-6 or J-8 (although not so reasonable as Q-5) but unluckily not mkk or J-10. They may come later, though.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

On 1/9/2023 at 3:21 PM, Dr_Pavelheer said:

Q-5 could be interesting depending on the version, we don't have any cold war full fidelity red ground attack jets, but it depends on how far out is Su-17/22 which would fill mostly the same niche and be more versatile (ARMs and TV guided missiles) on top of being more recognizable.

I'm not really up to date on my Chinese fighters, but J-8 in a variant that could keep up with Mig-23 MLA and Phantom sounds like fun, but I don't know if PL-11 wouldn't be too modern compared to R24s and AIM-7. If that's the case maybe something slightly more modern to give Mirages 2000c and future Migs 29 9.12 something to fight.

Other than that I don't know what else could be possible to do without sending guys from Deka on free vacation, if you know what I mean, that would make sense in DCS environment.

A J-8 would be able to compete depending on model but only in BVR and never in BFM, early variants only carried 2-4 PL-2 (9B counterpart). J-8B Later could get the PL-11 and PL-5B (9D/G) or even the PL-8B (Python-3, 9M) which is all-aspect. Any later than that and we enter PL-12 territory.

On 1/9/2023 at 4:09 PM, F-2 said:

I’ve heard contradictory things on aspide/PL-11 in terms of range and speed. Some sources say it’s similar to AIM-7E with an inverse monopulse seeker (Like SkyFlash), while others say it’s refined enough to approach AIM-7F/M. One thing to note though is because of its articulating fins it’s considered to be far more maneuverable then similar missiles in its class, even if it’s lacking in range and speed.

I would imagine the PL-11 would be somewhere between the 7E and 7F as China has claimed the PL-11 was improved from MK.1 Aspides.

2023/1/13 PM10点07分,Polia说:

The first H-6 left production and made its first flight in 1968.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xian_H-6

In fact, all of Q-5, H-6 and J-8 could be associated to this year.

However, Deka have just posted a new hint (which is difficult to explain out of Chinese context and meme) pointing to J-8 in my interpretation. Maybe we will see something in newsletter soon.

• Thanks 1

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

On 1/18/2023 at 3:18 AM, Torbernite said:

In fact, all of Q-5, H-6 and J-8 could be associated to this year.

However, Deka have just posted a new hint (which is difficult to explain out of Chinese context and meme) pointing to J-8 in my interpretation. Maybe we will see something in newsletter soon.

J-8 doesn't excite me, nor does even the Su-30MKK, but what I have seen with the JF-17? I'm probably still going to get it simply because Deka delivered a stellar module with the Thunder and I think I need to fly it more. I can get excited about something I've no real previous attachment to when the developer producing it is this good.

Of course, if Deka wanted some dirty deeds done dirt cheap, they just need to give me an F-7PG or something.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!