Loving all the new modules... but!

Dannyvandelft

I'd like to see more stuff that makes the world come alive. You can spawn at a major international airport, and there's nothing but you.

One of the best modules ED has made, was the Super Carrier. You went from an empty Stennis to a deck that feels alive.

That needs to be done "globally".

Taxiing aircraft at airports, crews working, airliners arriving and departing with ATC chatter.

Random airliners flying when you're on your way to or from the AO.

The maps need filled in to become alive. Not just players.

And it should be auto generated, not having to spend 36 hours in the ME to get a plane working juuuuuuust right.

Also, official ED servers. A PVE and PVP server for each map that can hold hundreds/thousands of players.

Right now we have 9 million servers and only a few people in each except for a few populated ones.

I'd like to see a few severs with hundreds of players, maybe with set events.

A huge Blue vs Red event every Saturday at 9 PM Eastern, whatever. 100 v 100, you name it.

Just a few things.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Different issues I see here.

That maps are "empty" by default is a good thing both for game performance and as a clean state to start with in mission editing. You add what you want and create the "life" as you wish. If you've ever played a well designed mission you could see how that can be done. I support the wish (asked for many times before btw) for some quick/basic air traffic creation tool but anything complex is probably out of scope. Ground crew is also planned. But add too much and you have performance problems. Also it's not realistic to have civilian traffic in the area at war.

MP is even more performance demanding so hundreds of players is not managable currently. DCS grows fast but it's also not that popular as you might think. Even when it will be - with that player count it's gonna be a total mess - not something you wish to see in realistic mission.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

A civilian asset pack, I would welcome that. With airliners, civilians, cars, boats, utility vehicels, the works. So mission/campaign creators can make the world seem more alive.

Yes, I know there are mods, but I don't like mods, want to keep DCS clean, and if it's a paid module probably the quality will be better as well.

• Like 2

At least with road traffic you get some "action" when you come in to land and the cars are going back and forth in front of your field of vision. The Las Vegas airports are good for this. 

It would be nice to be able to have active airports, and options for low to high as far as the activity goes. Like in the civvy sim. some Call the "Airfield Assets Pack". I'll drop a few bucks on that.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

On 9/7/2022 at 5:28 PM, Dannyvandelft said:

The maps need filled in to become alive. Not just players.

And it should be auto generated, not having to spend 36 hours in the ME to get a plane working juuuuuuust right.

The only way to get it just right is to use the ME manually. If it's purely autogenerated, it will 100% cause problems. Just remember that airliners don't really like flying over warzones for instance. It won't make much sense to see an active airport when your mission is to bomb said airport (unless maybe you are Insurgent faction?).

Even the simple ground traffic has some minor issues because we have little control over it. Bomb a road and the traffic remains as if the drivers are oblivious. People have asked for things like removing traffic in trigger zones to help with this.

In short, this cannot be something that is left to automation only.

• Like 3

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

On 9/7/2022 at 4:28 PM, Dannyvandelft said:

I'd like to see more stuff that makes the world come alive. You can spawn at a major international airport, and there's nothing but you.

One of the best modules ED has made, was the Super Carrier. You went from an empty Stennis to a deck that feels alive.

That needs to be done "globally".

Taxiing aircraft at airports, crews working, airliners arriving and departing with ATC chatter.

Random airliners flying when you're on your way to or from the AO.

I could only support adding super carrier features to airbases and air ports, if ED did Super Carrier II as a Naval module As for airliner traffic that sounds like a good option if you asked me.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dawgie79 said:

A civilian asset pack, I would welcome that. With airliners, civilians, cars, boats, utility vehicels, the works. So mission/campaign creators can make the world seem more alive.

Yes, I know there are mods, but I don't like mods, want to keep DCS clean, and if it's a paid module probably the quality will be better as well.

Civlian aircraft would be awesome, we do have some airliners as static objects at McCarran on the Vegas map. I don't think animating them would be too hard. We also have some 707s ED would just have to remove the refueling probe and radar domes. 

Edited by upyr1

I don't mind a bit more but it is unrealistic to have heavy commercial aviation in a war zone. As long as it can be toggled off that would be great, especially for performance.

I am more interested in filling in the gaps of AI planes. No Super Hornet, F-22, F-35, or F-15EX. The first three are massive in the US military. No Rafale or Eurofighter, which are used by many European nations and even a lot of the middle eastern countries are using them now. With a new Egyptian map coming it would make perfect sense. No F3 Tornado, the UK's fighter interceptor of the Cold War.

No Su-35S or Su-30SM, which are some of the main fighters in the Russian air force. A MIG-29K would be nice to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dawgie79 said:

Yes, I know there are mods, but I don't like mods, want to keep DCS clean

Well, to each their own .. I prefer my dirty DCS anyway:

EEg5wXd.jpg

VvZ26Qw.jpg

XpeKhOK.jpg

soFVH7y.jpg

vmSV02O.jpg

Jl1vZqT.jpg

And I can use Static Templates for most of this background activity, so that I can very easily add them to newer or older missions that I make on the same Map, just a single menu selection and I have my airport fully populated:

RAUHCH8.jpg

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB